Please listen to my complaints on FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spudzy, Aug 10, 2003.

1. spudzy

spudzy New Member

I really hate to complain all the time, but it just gets worse....I am still trying to work full time and really need to for at least two more years..or sell everything I have worked so hard for.....the fatigue is really bad and the headaches are getting worse...on top of all this I have had a sinus infection for several months and been on several meds and to top this all I started having panic attacks after surgery 2 1/2 yrs. ...can't travel nor go to restaurants...am now trying xanex l/4 to 1/2 of .025 pill when I have to attend a meeting....sometimes it helps and sometimes I just have to leave....what a life...I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself today...normally I can always realize that there are others much worse off than I am...but it does work on the nerves....thanks for listening...anyone else feel like this....and what do you do when it all hits at once...Spudzy
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Yes, Spudzy, I have days when I wonder "why the heck am I putting myself through this?" When I have tough days at work, I feel vunerable. And then THAT can produce panic/fear. I need work for the benefits, namely health insurance. My ability to perform at times seems so fragile. What if the very bad days get worse? When my mind starts ruminating with these thoughts, I try, just as I would my body if it were running, to stop that thinking. Replace those thoughts with GOOD thoughts about ME. (I found this difficult but it can be done.) If that fails, I fall back on "this too shall pass" mantra. Hang in there, we are survivors. June
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2003]
  3. Lexied

Lexied New Member

Please don't feel bad about complaining ... I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad right now. I've had FM for over 2 years now and have had to stop working because of it. I feel so bad that you are still trying to work! Are you on pain management medication along with anti-depressants? Do you have a Doctor that is treating you for FM? Have you tried Imitrex for your migraines? I'm sorry for all the questions, I just really want to try to help you!
    I know what it is like to live with pain. No matter how hard you try, you can't make it go away. Sometimes it does help to talk to others who know what you're going through so if you need to "unload" this is a great place to do it!
    You will be in my prayers, Spudzy, and I hope tommorrow is a better day for you!
  4. Kim

Kim New Member

Xanax is the best for panic attacks. How much did your doctor tell you to take? The starting dose is usually 0.25 three times a day, minimum. Even more for panic disorder. I know some people are sensitive to meds, I am.

I hope you feel better.

kim
  5. iggie

iggie New Member

Spudzy, I give you credit for still working, I worked for 2 yrs after and injury and diag. with fibro i suffered everyday and when your family and co-workers would tell u how bad u look didn't help but I always worked at something finally my hubby and 3 children told me they couldn't handle there miserable mom and see me hurt so much finally i gave in and had to quite my job even though I was only working modified hrs. since my injury. Needless to say I was relieved of a few pressures but sank into a deep depression because I thought I was not contributing to the family. So there is two side to working, you must be ready to give up your job maybe you just need to cut back some hours Spudzy maybe full time is just to much. Take care there are days ahead.

Iggie