Please may I complain....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cinlou, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

just a little? I just went back to work last week and I am in such pain this weekend...My mom has brain cancer I try and be with her everyday....My husband is no help, he spends his free time with his friend at the "Pub" as he calls it...coming home drunk and disgusting...he is a fireman..works 2 days (48hrs) then off for 4 days. Ahhh!

I found out I need to see a surgeon for a hernia...need to have it fixed....also doing PT 3 times a week, right after work a mad dash to appt.......Seeing a psychologist 2 times a week..mad dash to that...and I have had to wait for an appointment with Pain Management for injections in hip and lumbar, I am an established patient but the HMO has to ok everything....you know how slow that is...I can not take narcotics, they make me sick..I take a tylenol but it my as well be candy...

I hurt so bad, all over..every inch of me....I also have a 17 and 21 year old...I worry about them....I feel like I am being ripped apart in every direction....I want my pieces back!
    I said a little complaining, sorry it became a book....thank goodness for this board...
    I need some (((hugs)))gentle ones..
    Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

(((((((((((Gentle Hugs))))))))))))

I'm trying to figure out why you went back to work last week, when it sounds like your husband has too much time on his hands and you don't have enough????

Honestly, I think you have way too much going on right now to try to take on a job too. You might have to consider cutting back on something and I don't think it should be with you or your Mom.

Try not to worry about your kids right now...you've just spent a lot of years teaching them the things you want them to know. Odds are you did a really GOOD job so sit back and know that they will make mistakes but they'll be ok. Kids have to learn, just like we did and sometimes the hard way too.

And I'm sorry, you didn't ask for advice but I butted in anyway.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  3. toughone

toughone New Member

Here's the gentle ((((HUG))))and here's some advice: You need to put yourself first! My husband is no different than yours, and I finally decided that he's just going to have to take care of himself. My kids are 19 and 17, and they are my lifeline. They are always there for me. I try not to lean too hard on them for support, but the great thing is, like your kids, they are old enough for some of the responsibility.

So, know that you are not alone. This board has so many wonderful people who are willing to be there for you. I've found that I don't feel so alone anymore...
    Take good care of yourself!

Bonny
  4. dinkbay

dinkbay New Member

cinlou, I am so sorry you are going through so much. sounds like you have your hands full. You sound very over whelmed. Time for you to have a few quiet moments for yourself. maybe your children could help out at home and maybe even with your mother a little bit.
    Hubby could really help pick up some of the load on you, maybe you could discuss it with him and the children.
    You difinetly need a support system, or you will burn yourself out. Hon, need to have a talk with the family.
    I'll pray for you. Take care and God Bless. Hugs and Blessing for you. A friend here, dinkbay
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yes, you do need hugs. And you need your husband to wake up too, but you can't control that. Take care of you and the kids.

Vent anytime you want to.

((((((((((((CINDY)))))))))))) <--- very gentle hugs

Marta
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Please take time for yourself before you crash and it sounds like thats where you may be headed if you do not STOP and take yourself very serious. Be your own best friend you need one .
    Come here anytime to complain you will see I also do alot of that! LOL

Give yourself a day of quite and slience the best gift we can get
  7. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Thank you all so much for responding to my situation..each and every one of you..thank you for the hugs.
    All of you have such great advice....
    I had a talk with my chiropractor and he told me pretty much of what you guys said..
    I know I need to take care of me, my children have helped me out..alot.
    My mom needs me now, she is at home with a wonderful man, they only were married for 2 years before my mom got sick..This man is a man, my husband is not being a man...until he can stop the alcohol....he thinks he is not sick...

I have a plan to set goals for me...my house has gotten to be messy with clutter because I have not felt physically or mentally able to do anything..

I am going to slowly get rid of the unecessary junk, payoff some bills and get some courage to kick my husband out if he does not get help that he needs...pray for me to have the strength to do this.
    (((hugs))) right back!
    Cindy