Please need info on FFC Dallas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DFWGirl, Jan 13, 2006.

1. DFWGirl

DFWGirl New Member

I have an appointment with the Dallas office.
    If you are going there please let me know your experience, and if you are getting better??
    Any information would be greatlyl apprecieated.
    thanks!
  2. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I've been going for about 4 months now. I am in the thick of viral treatments right now, but I am slowly getting better.

I've been very pleased with the doctor, and all the staff there. I see Dr Kippels, and the nurses giving the IV's are AWESOME. I feel like I am in good hands, and I definitely recommend the center to anyone who's looking to really really get better.

If you can, attend one of their monthly seminars. They'll introduce the doctors and the staff, give you a tour of the facility, and they give you a $60 off coupon!

Good luck, and let me know if you have other questions.

3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I go to the Dallas FFC and they are wonderful. You are going to really love them and be glad you went. I go to Dr. Spurlock and he is very good. He said he has been treating CFS and Aids since the 80`s. He is very knowledgeable about all these diseases dealing with the immune system. Do you know which doctor you will see?

The first visit will be a long one, I was in with him an hour and a half. He`ll do an exam and explain what is going on with these diseases and the basics of how they treat them. They`ll take a lot of blood.

They`ll ask you if you want an IV for pain or energy. I had them and I immediately had more energy and less pain. They have a nice room with recliners where you sit and get the IV. You can visit with other patients there if you want or just close your eyes and relax.

I envy you being so close, I came all the way from North Dakota. I have gone down there twice. I`ll probably go back sometime to get some more IV treatments. I started last April and have improved 67-70 percent. I still have some cougulation a need to work on but I know I will continue to improve.
  4. Connie3

Connie3 New Member

I had my first appt. at the Dallas FCC the week before Christmas. I saw Dr. Kipple and liked him very much. Monday I will get the results of the bloodwork and I am very anxious to see what they say. Dr. Kipple put me on oral Nystatin when I was there in Dec., but I had already been taking the liquid from my internest here in Shreveport.
    I am trying to keep a positive attitude and expect good things. Seems like I have had more trouble the last few years with only a few ok days here and there.

Good luck in Dallas! I am so reassured that so many have reported getting better from these FCC's.
  5. DFWGirl

DFWGirl New Member

Thanks everyone for your answers..
    I am going to a Dr Marc Spurlock?????

He is from the CDC! and specialized in Infectious Deseases, so has great credentials.

I got this from a surgical mishap/ staph infection in my spinal fluid..so he should be able to help...Wish one of you were going to him.
    I am lucky I am close...wish me luck..all prayers are also greatly appreciated..it will be so nice to feel like a person again.
    dfwgirl/Judy

6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Your going to love Dr. Spurlock. He is so kind and caring. He is very knowledgeable about these diseases and has been treating patients with this stuff since the 80`s.

You`ll be in my thoughts and prayers. I`m so glad your so close, you can get more treatments easier and will probably get well faster. Your going to the right place.

Keep us updated on how you are doing.
    Sandy
  7. DFWGirl

DFWGirl New Member

thank you!!
    I can not imagine the expense of coming from SD..
    Is there not a FFC closer?? They said they have 12 sites now open, and have plans for more. Hopefully one of these will be closer to you!

Thanks for the info about the Dtr.

They are letting me take the scripts for the blood work to my internal med Dtr. to get done, so that my insurance will cover them 100%...

If I get them done at FFC it is a $1500 deductable plus 20%!..huge difference, so it is nice that they are working with me..

Hope you get to come back in April..hope it helps you.

Also I am checking into the intro meetings and the $60.00 coupon!!! thanks everyone!
    dfwgirl