Please, Need Prayers for Granddaughter

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by greatgran, Sep 2, 2008.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Well, I am back again asking for prayers as I just don't know what to do.

My granddaughter, she is the one my daughter got custody of her two little girls, is back on the streets again.

She did seem to be getting back on her feet, and was working but now no job and is homeless. She needs help but says we are the problem not her.

Yesterday she came home, my daughter let her spend the day with the children, so we thought. Last night when my daughter returned from taking the 16 yr old shopping. My granddaughter was drunk and had left the little ones with a neighbor. It was after midnight the little ones were to start school today but their mom was to drunk to feed them, get them to bed. It was after 1 am when they finally got to bed.

Needless to say they were to exhausted to get to school today.

My daughter told her to leave and not come back until she could admit her problem and get help, the children couldn't be exposed to this. We have done all we know to do for her. She is pretty, has her degree but is wasting her life.

Once again she is on the streets, I guess, . I just can't understand, and don't even know how to pray.

Thanks and God Bless,
    greatgran
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you so much. How to we get through to her? She told her mom she had rather live in the homeless shelter than with her. Because of the rules.

Is it something we have done? Why does she say its us?

This has been going on for about 4 years so I am about to give up on her.

Should have used tough love a few years back I don't know.

Those precious little ones don't have a dad that cares,(he has never seen the 4 yr old) nor a mom and its so hard now that they are in school and seeing all the others with mom's and dad's.

Thank you for your prayers and reply.

God Bless,
    gg
  3. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I will be keeping your whole family in prayer. Has the graddaughter ever been told about AA ? It is such a shame that she is wasting her life. The more she goes on like this , the more she will have to regret when she turns around.

It is so hard to give tough love , but this might be what she needs to hit rock bottom . If it were me , she wouldn't be able to see her kids at all . She wouldn't get any money or shelter at all . Of course , that is so easy for me to say , because it isn't my situation .

Please remember that when you don't know what to pray , the Spirit intercedes .The Lord knows and understands your and your families' pain and He cares .

Holly
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks again for your prayers and my prayers are with each of you and all request on the board.

well, my granddaughter showed up on the door step yesterday evening, my daughter told her she could not stay and could not see the children until she would go for help or to let us help her get into treatment.

She leaves and once again we don't have a clue where she is . My daughter called me crying she hated to turn her child away but she has tried everything else.

The four year old has to see a cardo next week , I do hope the mom will show up for that as it is out of town and I know my daughter could use her at this time because it would comfort the little one.

Please keep Paris, the four year old, in your prayers that her cardo exams will be okay.

I am crashing or have a sinus issues again , yesterday I couldn't make it had to call my daughter from work and if she misses many more days her job is gone.

I know this is simple compared to a lot of request but right now it seems like a mountain to me.

Thanks again ,
    gg