Please, Need Prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Hippo, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Please keep me in your prayers. I have had CFS/FM for about 18 years. I was in an abusive marriage for most of that time. I was unwilling to leave my marriage because I could not take care of myself and I have 3 young children. My husband left on his own in January, vowing to cut off my spousal support. He told his lawyer that I can work and that my support payments should be cut off. We used to have a fairly comfortable living, but are now counting every penny. My Ex has become very emotionally unstable, and keeps making threats. I don't know whether he is serious or just trying to keep me off-balance. Two of my children have ADHD/ODD/OCD and are having a lot of trouble. He simply blames me. I really need prayers from anyone who is so inclined. Thank you very much.

Hippo
  2. Ihop811

Ihop811 New Member

Sometimes we don't understand why thing happen the way that they do. Sometimes we feel so alone and so scared for our future and the future of our children. If we didn't have times like these, how would we recognize happy times? These times make us stronger and show us that we need to lean on God. It's like the Footprints poem. This is when God is carrying you. It sounds like a blessing in disguise to me. It's hard right now. Give it all to God. The Bible says to Cast your cares upon the Lord and He shall sustain you. He's going to carry you through this. You are on your way to a wonderful life, free from abuse. You deserve to be happy and God knows that. He's helping you get there. Have faith. This is when you need it the most. You and your children are in my prayers.

God Bless,
    ~Patty
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I appreciate your response. It's so nice of you to pray for me. I hope you are right about a better future for my girls and me.

Hippo
  4. selma

selma New Member

Believe the threats!!!!!!!!! Call an abuse shelter if you have to. An operator in your area can give you a number. Ask a Clergyman/woman for help. It doesn't matter the denomination. Find a Women's Center. Your children will obviously feel the tension You don't deserve, You don't need that tension yourself. We know that you don't want it.
    If you still"Love" him. Know that love doesn't hurt physically OR emotionally Soo Accept that he doesn't love you.

He,God, loves you!!! Love yourself enough to help Yourself.

I'll pray for you. We need You.

Love and hugs, Selma
  5. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hi, Selma, thank you for your concern. I should have been a little more specific. He is not making threats of violence against us. The threats are more in the nature of taking a job with a 50% pay cut, which would put us below poverty level. He also threatened to pull our twins out of school. Another time he threatened to quit his job altogether. He has never been violent. I own my own condo and he has never come over unannounced. I very much appreciate your prayers, but we are not in imminent danger of violence.

Hippo
  6. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Thanks for your message. My kids are 13, 9 and 9. We are doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances. Ex just came and took one of the girls out for the day to an amusement park. He was surprisingly nice. I don't have the report back yet from the vocational evaluator, but it should be any day. I will post on the regular board when I know anything. I appreciate your prayers and support.

Hippo
  7. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Yes, my oldest is a girl, too. He is actually quite fond of the oldest. She doesn't have any medical problems, which is why he likes her. He hates me because of my CFS/FM and he hates the twins because of their psychiatric disorders which I mentioned above. How do I get to the chitchat board? Sorry, I'm pretty new here.

Hippo
  8. allhart

allhart New Member

you and your children will be in my prayers do not give up on the fight for sposal maintance i still regrat giving that up just because i didnt want everyone reading my medical records it truley is something i still regert 5 years later,dont let him scare you if you have to just get a restraing order
    hugs kara
  9. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hi, Kara, I do not need a restraining order. My Ex is not violent. He makes threats about quitting his job and cutting off my support money, stuff like that. He has never been violent or come over unannounced. I don't care who sees my medical records. I have nothing to hide. I have been sick since 1983 and have consistently stuck to the same story. Not a "story" in the sense that I made it up, but a "story" in the sense that this is actually what is happening to me. If he cuts off my support, I will be too young to collect Social Security (I will be 59 then), and I will be screwed. So I have to fight. I don't really have a choice. Thanks for the advice and I appreciate the prayers.

Hippo
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2002]
  10. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Hippo, I'm sorry I am late in answering your post. I will be in prayer for you and all you have been going through. It's so nice to have you on the worhsip board and I want to welcome you. Let us know how you are doing.
    God bless you!

Love,
    Harmony
  11. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Thank you for asking about us. My Ex is still acting as crazy as ever, but my twins have completed their homework two days in a row, which is a major achievement for them. Maybe the prayers are helping already!

Hippo
  12. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi Hippo, I don't know how I missed your post, it was probably when I was not feeling well. As far as your ex, he also needs prayers to help him realize that being a jerk isn't going to get him anywhere. I will add you and your children to my prayers. I know how hard it is dealing with this type of stress, so it's doubly hard when you are sick .
    May God bless you and your children a peaceful and stress-free life.
    God bless,
    Deena
  13. Michell

Michell New Member

Hi sweetie, just want you to know I have been there. I am praying and hope this can pass and things will work out smoothly. God will sustain you and you know how much He cares for you and your children, right? Counting pennies is no fun. God will redeem, restore, and heal though. I feel His concern and care and love for you. I hope that doesn't sound hokey. Hang in there and know your future holds much better things~ here is a little saying I made up just for you, maybe from Him above who loves you so....

Dreams may fade, but they are embedded in the soul
    So never lose hope of what your future holds.

It's going to all work out~stay safe and keep your eyes on the prize : )
    love, shell
  14. Hippo

Hippo New Member

The replies and prayers are appreciated. It is nice to know that there is life after divorce. My Ex is crazy, I have no idea how I am going to survive this.

Hippo
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In the meantime, get a restraining order. It won't protect you but it will establish this man's abuse and emotional instability if you need it later. Seek the support of a women's abuse center. They have therapists and other professionals who can help you. Bless you.

Love, Mikie
  16. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Actually I should have mentioned that we are all in therapy, and it is very beneficial. Thanks for mentioning it.

Hippo
  17. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I didn't have a abusive marriage but sure did a childhood and I can relate some as to what goes on. It is very unsettling. I do feel for you and the children. Try to be strong for them.

I'm glad that you are getting therapy. That will help you to deal with the difficulties that you are facing. It helps to be able to get a professionl view of things. I will keep you and the children in my prayers.

Blessings
    Arlene
  18. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I am touched that so many people responded. Thank you so much.

Hippo