Please, No Personal Messages Here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have a lot of new members here and I am seeing a lot of messages of a personal nature being left by one member for another. We try to keep this area for illness-related issues.

We have our Chit Chat Forum, which is a message board just like this one, where you may do this. Click on Message Boards on the strip at the top of the page where y'all log in. It will bring up a list of our other forums. Click on Chit Chat. You come back here the same way. BTW clicking on CFS or FMS will bring you back here. It doesn't matter which one you use to come back here. It's the same board.

Also, please, when posting a new topic, please make the title short, to the point, and descriptive. Long titles take up two lines and decrease the number of posts which can be displayed on a page. This causes posts to roll over to Page 2 faster. Being more descriptive will increase the number of responses you get. It will also help those with little time to more easily scan for posts of interest to them.

We all appreciate your help in keeping this website running smoothly so it will better serve all our members. Thank you.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bumping for all to see.

Love, Mikie
  3. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

it's confusing---wading past the personals...
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That's what the CCF is for. If the messages are in regard to our illnesses, that's fine, though.

Love, Mikie
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To be too frequent, I have found newbie messages on the third page, some without any welcome from anyone.

That is a serious problem. I remember when I first got on this board, that welcome from a few members meant the world to me. Thats the reason I try to welcome all new people.

But it is hard to have to go that far back to find them that have just joined the board, or those with a serious health question that got pushed back.

I am glad that Mikie brought this up. I really hate to hurt anyones feelings, but sometimes we simply have to abide by the rules when they get out of hand here.

I know everyone will try and keep the off medical stuff and looking for those who they meet on the live chat line on the CCboard. That would solve the problem, and all should be happy with that.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I usually don't have much time to spend on the computer (raising baby!), so it would be easier if everyone followed your advice...
  7. starstella

starstella New Member

IMHO,I agree that it would be easier to decide which posts to read if they gave some hint to the topic of the post. Ther are so many posts, it is impossible to read them all, so posts titles such as "need help" can be a turn off unless you are planning on spending a lot of time cruising through the messages.
  8. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

Maybe everyone didn't see this yet.
  9. teawah

teawah New Member

10. fallingapart

fallingapart New Member

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That is why I asked people to be more concise and descriptive in their titles. It saves everyone time and effort and helps us all conserve our precious energy. Titles like, "Please Respond," or "I Need Help" tell us nothing about the post. I know we are all suffering from cognitive problems, but I am sure if we try, we can come up with concise, descriptive titles.

I would also ask people to be more concise in their posts as well. I know, I know, I can get as verbose as the best of them, but when I see a title like, "This Is Long, But...," I just keep going. I cannot follow extremely long posts. If someone has a question and simply asks it along with pertinent info, it makes it so much easier.

This continues to be the best source of support and info for what ails us. It is because our members always work so hard to help out and work with each other and the webmaster and moderators that this is so. I thank all of you who continue to help make this place so terrific and so easy to access and use.

Love, Mikie
  12. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Bumpity-BUMP!
  13. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  14. charisma1973

charisma1973 New Member

15. teawah

teawah New Member

For those who just ain't gettin'it
  16. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

is it ok if its totally re the awfull illness?
    last week i had a message to me but it was totally on the DD, it was an answer to a question. I can't be sure if you mean the content of the messages or the title.
    i apologise if this is a daft question, i'm distracted by toothache as well as all the usual fogginess.
    What if you want to refer back to a thread disappeared ? Sometimes it takes me days to reply and then the thread seems to sink off screen really fast and i don't think the person ever gets to see any message.

regards

pinkquartz
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sometimes we are searching for info for someone and when we find it, we post to him or her individually. As long as it's illness related, it's fine. The problem we were having was with people using this board like personal e-mails.

Love, Mikie
  18. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

Bumping for all to see
  19. teawah

teawah New Member

TO THE TOP!!!