Please, No URL's Posted Here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Because ProHealth cannot control the content of other websites, the rules state that URL's cannot be posted here. You may, however, give the name of the website.

Lately, you sneaky devils have been giving the name and then spelling out the "dot" and the "com" or the "org," or whatever. While I have to give y'all kudos for creativity, our webmaster has told me that this is not allowable.

Anyone computer savvy enough to use this website is perfectly capable of finding a website by name or web search without the URL.

Posting URL's just makes Shirl's and my jobs that much harder and more time consuming. If a member continues posting URL's in any form, it is grounds for being banned. I don't want to see this happen to anyone, so please abide by the rules.

Thank you.

Love, Mikie
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Mikie,

I think I owe an apology, I'm new and didn't realize and posted one yesterday. I'm sorry and won't make the blunder again.
    Takesha
  3. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

oopps ... I'm one of the *dot* *com* sneaky ones, kinda thought that was OK. Won't happen again. Respectfully,
    Hayley
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your cooperation. The reason I posted this is because we do have so many new members and I know many are unaware of the rules.

Love, Mikie
  5. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I am bumping this up to the top again as people are still posting URL's. I just want to make sure that everyone sees it. We have a wonderful community here full of love and support and I would sure hate to lose anyone. :)
  6. Bacci

Bacci New Member

Hi there fella,
    What are the rules regarding book titles? I wanted to share the name of a book today and then worried maybe that wasn't acceptable either (although I think I mentioned one before). Is it ok to tell people about books and author's names?

Thanks,
    Bacci
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The interest, and the cooperation.

Names of books, and even the names of websites, are fine to post.

The URL is the exact address of a website and looks something like this: http://www.immunesupport.com (this is the URL for our website). If you type this into the address window, it will take you right into the website.

Love, Mikie
  8. Dara

Dara New Member

first I would like you to know what a great job you and Shirl do for us here. I do have a question, just to clarify something. Are you saying that even though we can't actually post the address of a website, it is OK to post the name of the website? Like, for example, I could say "just search under the name of immune support for this information?

Dara
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, you are right. You can either give the name of the wedbsite, such as ImmuneSupport, or give enough info for someone to use a search to find it. We just can't give the full URL.

Love, Mikie
  10. Bacci

Bacci New Member

Oh boy are my cheeks red! Yesterday I finally got to your bio and lo and behold...Mikie is a woman!!! So sorry for saying "Hi there fella" in my earlier note in this thread. Won't happen again and wow do you look great considering you recently had surg!

Anyway, thanks for the response on book titles.
    Appreciate it:)
    Bacci
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We are also having problems with 'poems', 'thought for the day' etc. on the FM/CFS board again too.

There are several boards these subjects can be posted on, such as;

'Chit Chat Board'
    'Writers Board'
    'Worship Board'

Please check the 'Message Boards' link at the top of this page, and select the one you like.

For those who are new, please read the' 'Message Board Rules' at the top left of this page. It will save a lot of hurt feelings when your post is deleted or moved to another board.

If at all possible, this board (FM/CFS) is for illness only, all other subjects are not to be posted here.

Thanks for your understanding................

Have a goodday.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2003]
  12. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Second-generation bumping :)

Love, Mikie
  14. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mikie................

Shalom, Shirl
  15. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I knew it was just a matter of time before you nipped dotcom in the bud!

Marilyn :)
  16. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  17. M68e66

M68e66 New Member

I didn't know, but will be very careful in the future, no more URL's here.

SORRY!!!! God Bless You, Michelle
  18. scubadiver

scubadiver New Member

Mikie,
    Can you give me an example how to give the name of the
    website instead of using the url?
    Thanks