Please pray for a family who just lost a husband and father ..

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by jaltair, Mar 4, 2007.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

My husband's friend and co-worker was killed this afternoon in an accident while riding his motorcycle. He was a good man, husband, and father of 5 children; only in his late forties (I believe).

Please hold this family close in prayer. Everyone is still in a state of shock right now. My husband is going to try to find out what his wife needs to do as far as benefits, etc at work, and this will be hard on him.

Definitely, the family and my husband are going to need prayer warriers on their side.

Thank you ...

L, Jeannette
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

Thanks for telling us about this family Jaltair. I will keep this family in my prayers.

Nancy
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

My prayers for this family and for all his friends. Such a swift and sudden death. It shakes every one of us into the reality of how quickly things can be taken for us.

Heavenly Father, be with this family as they grieve and help them with the red tape. Dear God offer them support and calm their souls.

And bless the newly departed , I ask this in Thy name.
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

What a terrible tragedy! I will pray for these families and that your husband will be able to be a great help to this poor family as they try to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives and somehow move forward.

Love,
    Nancy
  5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Thank you for your words and your prayers for the family and friends. My husband told me last night that his friend’s wife and children are really shaken and shocked, however, their church family has come out, as have the neighbors, with a lot of help and support. There will be money concerns, but a fund is being set up on behalf of the children.

I'm really concerned about my husband now as he seems to be shutting doors in to his life and not reaching out. He's barely speaking right now and appears really depressed. Please continue praying for the family and for my husband. I'm worried about how this is and will affect him. He and his friend were so close in work, like partners, the "good cop / bad cop", and now the "good cop" is gone ... I don't mean my husband is bad, it's just that the other was much better with PR stuff.

L, Jeannette
  6. jaltair

jaltair New Member

This week is coming to an end and my husband is really getting through it all quite well now. The wife of the man who was killed has received overwhelming support from friends, family, and work related people; it’s wonderful! The church family was also really supportive – he was so well-though of by everyone. What a legacy he leaves with his children; such a kind and wonderful man.

God bless all of you and each of you are always in my thoughts and prayers!

L, Jeannette
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

This is so very sad to read this. I know that I wasn't here to pray in the beginning of it all...but I will help now.

May God give the family strength that only He can give. But, it is so very good that they have so much love and support to be there. I will surely pray for your dear hubby too. They are blessed to have someone like you on their side too!

Love....Mari
  8. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I am so sorry about your husbands friend. What a sad thing to have happen. I will pray for his family and for God to be with them all

Thank you for posting this

God Bless you
    kgangel
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

for this poor family and for your husband.

Love, Pepper
  10. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Thank you all for the prayers. Everything is going okay for the family. There's been an outpouring of love, support and financial aid from so many!

My husband is coming through this with positives like I can't believe! He's decided that he'll retire early this next December rather than wait until a year from the end of this month. The death of his friend has given him a real perspective on life and what's important, and I'm very happy about that.

Again, thank you all so much. I had to share the outcome of all of your prayers! Praise the Lord!

L, Jeannette