Please pray for a very sick 11 year old girl (updated)

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Nanie46, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Friends,

Please pray for total healing for Regina, an 11 yr old girl who is very sick. She is on a ventilator, possibly with pneumonia.

She was supposed to be Life Flighted to a large metropolitan hospital but he weather would not allow it, so she is going today by ambulance.

Thank you!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/01/2011]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2011]
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for Regina - so young to be so sick. Praying for her health, her ambulance journey, all of her needs.

Please let us know how she does. Judy
  3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Thoughts and prayers for this young one. Please do let us know how she is doing. So young!
    Bless her and all of the family~~Lord we pray.
  4. springwater

springwater Active Member

for regina, may she be restored to wellness and optimum health as soon as possible,
    may her parents and loved ones be comforted as they wait anxiously, may Gods
    healing light surround and bless all of this family

God Bless
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thank you winblade, Doznclan3, rainbow11 and springwater for your concern and prayers!!!

Following is an update written by her mother while at the hospital with Regina. Please keep praying for Regina! Thanks so much.

"I have found they have a computer in the hospital; so I am trying to update now. Regina is the sickest kid on the unit. We have a real Doctor House case here. We have had every department here. Bottom line she is on a bypass machine with all her blood going out of her body out her neck into a machine. Her lungs are full of something; its a whopping pneumonia but from what. she was only sick for less than 24 hours. she is paralyzed on the left side; don't know why. Has some spots on her brain doesn't seem like a bleed but might be infection. She is on a ventilator. We have had many scares; But every time we pray her blood pressure seems to stabilize. So thanks for the prayers. She is responding to them.

The latest thought is That super bug MRSA is in her lungs. I know this is babbled and confusing but that is how my brain is working right now."

[This Message was Edited on 03/31/2011]
  6. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I received this update on Regina's condition tonight:

"Regina had a stable night. On occasion she is showing signs of
    agitation and pain. She is still under sedation but occasionally opens
    her eyes. Nonetheless, the huge amount of equipment needed to restore
    her health is understandably not always comfortable or welcome!

The chest x-ray shows some sign of improvement in the level of infection
    in her right lung. However, the left lung is still somewhat problematic
    after it collapsed the previous night.

Her bedsores are being treated and show signs of improvement.

A diagnosis still eludes them and so they earnestly ask for your
    continued prayers for wisdom for the medical team treating Regina."

Please keep praying friends!! Thank you for your faithfulness. Regina's Mom expresses her gratitude to the vast number of people who are praying for her dear little girl!

7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

This update was in my email this morning:

..."got a text from Kathy (Regina's Mom) for prayers - their daughters'
    lungs are bleeding........something very weird is going
    on"...............

Please keep praying for Regina's complete healing, divine wisdom for her Medical Team, and hope and comfort for her family.

Thank you!
  8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Update from Sat eve, 4/2:

"Gina is out of surgery and the doctors think it went well. They had to make a little bit of a bigger incision than they would have liked, but they got all the excess blood out that was trapped in there.

They said they found many clots which makes them happy and they did not see any major bleeds. The main doctor, Dr. M, found that she did have some oozing out of her chest wall, but he cauterized it as much as he could.

They placed a second chest tube in her left side and both of these chest tubes are now of softer material so as not to aggravate any blood vessels. Her left lung expanded a lot after they removed all the blood clots. Shortly after she got out of surgery, her right lung dropped again and they were concerned about her leaking air through her right chest tube.

So they replaced her right chest tube in a different location. So far, with all of these updates, she is not draining anything out of her left chest tube anymore which is so GOOD. She has been through a lot of trauma today and has been wincing a lot when she becomes more conscious.

Please pray that she turns the corner with this! This is just one battle, it is not the war."

Update from Sunday morning, 4/3:

"Today they put a second chest tube in the right side. She was having some leakage and the lung could not expand as it should. We are praying this is all she needs. There is some fear she might have a pocket in the lung that would need surgery.

She is scheduled for another CAT scan tomorrow. This is always such an ordeal. Getting her anywhere requires 8-10 people.

So we hope for a quiet day and continued healing. Her right lung on xray looks like it is healing from the infection. We thank you for the prayers; We believe the miracle of her healing will bring many souls to God. " Jesus I Trust In You"
  9. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi everyone,

Regina is still very sick.

Tests show that there are many holes in her right lung.

The surgeon said everyone should pray for spontaneous healing of her right lung because it would be very difficult to repair surgically.

Regina is still on a ventilator and a bypass machine, and paralyzed on one side.

Please keep praying for Regina!!

Thank you!!!
  10. springwater

Praying for Regina. Please let her recover.

God Bless
  11. windblade

windblade Active Member

How is Regina doing now?

Praying for her and thanking the Lord for his perfect love for her.
  12. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thank you for the prayers for Regina, springwater, windblade and rainbow!!! God does hear our prayers!!

Here is an update from her Mom from April 12:

"Today April 12, three weeks now.

Regina is still on blood bypass; ventilator; but this am they took our her left chest tube.

We pray that her lung stays expanded and heals. So we now just have two chest tubes in her right side.

She has been waking up and being afraid and that seems to be when her oxygen level goes down. So they are changing her sedation a bit so she does not wake up in pain or fear.

If she continues with no sign of new infection; They might try and challenge the lung to see if we can come off the blood bypass.

Vitals signs are stable at the moment and were basically all night!

Praise God! Jesus I Trust in You!"

13. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

An update from Regina's Mom from 9:50 pm Tuesday, April 12:

"So I will rest well tonight after an extremely emotional night.

Around 6pm a doctor came to see me and told me because of staffing they were going to move Regina downstairs to Cardiac ICU.

Now Regina has had these nurses up here for 3 weeks and they know her well. They know what causes her blood pressure to drop etc...
    They know and care for Regina so well.

My heart sunk and I told them I was not comfortable with it.

And after I guess alot of discussions with hospital admiinstrators etc... They said she would not have to move; once I knew that she was to stay here I finally cried from relief.

The nurses here are so awesome.

I really did not want to start over. So with a joyful heart my son and I will head back to the Ronald McDonald house.

Jesus I Trust in You!

PS All her vital signs are stable too!"

14. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

An update from Regina's Mom from 10 am Wed, April 13:

"Today I awoke with this verse on my lips "This is the Day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be Glad" God gave me this for the day; so I focus on that.

With her loving and special nurses she did great through the night.

We continue to try and get her lungs healed enough to come off the (ECMO) bypass machine.

We might have a broncoscopy to check the lungs again today.

Thank you all for your prayers; They are what get us through!

Jesus I Trust in You!"

15. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

An update from Regina's Mom from 8pm Wed, April 13:

"My daughter has arrived; she has three days off so she will share some of the waiting with my son and I.

Regina had a quiet day. Her oxygen level would go down sometimes, but mostly when they reposition her. I believe we are making baby steps.

The chest xray this morning was the same but not worse which it could be since they took out her left chest tube yesterday. She is holding her own.

They told us it would be awhile to let those lungs healed. We are just anxiously waiting for and praying to get her off the blood bypass machine. I am praying for the weekend!

That will eliminate alot of the complications that we worry about each day because of the heparin (bleeding) she will have a broncoscopy tomorrow;
    Praise God it all goes well.

Thank you all for your prayers we are making baby steps and God does hear you; I feel it so deep in my heart.

God Bless You! Jesus I Trust in You!"
  16. springwater

will keep on praying for Regina.

God Bless
  17. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Still keeping her in my prayers.

Yes, baby steps. Her little body needs time to heal, and with those baby steps, works the miracle of faith within the family and friends. Praying over her and her care givers on a daily basis..more, every waking moment I'm sure.

My heart goes out to you and yours as you take every step of the day with your faith in our Lord.

Cynthia
  18. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thank you springwater and Doznclan for your continued prayers for Regina!!

We trust that God will heal her!
  19. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

An update from Regina's Mom from 8:45 am Thursday, April 14:

"Day 22, I have to admit sometimes as I walk from the Ronald McDonald house over here in the morning it seems like the road to calvary; and yet its my Regina who is suffering so.

This morning she is still on the paralyzing medicine.

So she doesn't seem to be awake much.

She is having a bronchoscopy done this am. We need prays for success and not lung collapses or bleeding . And that it shows healing!! and no new infection!

Jesus I Trust in You!"

20. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

An update from Regina's Mom from 4:30 pm Thursday, April 14:

"The scope showed blood clots; which the Doctor said was old blood not fresh blood; yeah no active bleeding.

The airways looked good once they got the clots out. They are sending them out to test for infection, fungus and viruses.

The sad part for us is she has not had a wake up period today. She is stable but I like to see her open her eyes sometimes.

Jesus I Trust in You!"