Please Pray For Adam

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by poets, Jun 21, 2008.

1. poets

poets Member

Hi Everyone,

I'd appreciate it if you would send out a prayer for Adam this evening. He's so stressed over his sister's pregnancy and now that the time is near he's getting small seizures where he's not quite himself. I figured that this would happen because when she was expecting the first time he had a tonic-clonic type where he had convulsions.

Needless to say, I'm feeling very uneasy right now as I'm the only one here with him. I've been through so many with him before and that's something that scares you senseless, no matter how many you witness.

Please pray he'll start doing better and that he won't have a big seizure before this is all over.

Thanks so much everyone and I love you all.

Meg
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for Adam's stress levels, and for the two of you together, Meg.

And for your daughter's and the baby's well-being.

May God protect, and provide for each member of your family.

God Bless,
    Judy

p.s. will keep praying

3. poets

poets Member

Thanks so much, Judy. It makes me feel better to know that others are praying. Adam is in bed now so I'm breathing a little easier. He's never had a seizure in his sleep.

Love,
    Meg
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Praying right now for Adam that God's Holy Spirit will bring a blanket of calm and peace over Adam and reduce his seizures. God be with you also Meg!

Take care,
    kbak
  5. poets

poets Member

Thanks so much for your prayers. Adam had a better day today. I pray that he won't have any more spells. It left him in a bad flare. He appreciates everyone's prayers as well.

Hugs,
    Meg
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

I'm so glad that Adam had a better day! Thank God.

We need to keep him in prayer until your daughter's baby is born.

May God Bless and protect your little family. Amen

Judy
  7. dustymule

dustymule New Member

Adam will be included in my thoughts and prayers daily. God bless you. Sincerely, Barbara
  8. xphile

xphile New Member

For your prayers! The stress has caused partial-complex seizures, headaches, and insomnia, but I know that God is in control. I guess it's just human nature to worry. Thank each and every one of you for your prayers and I would appreciate it if you could keep praying for me esp. as my sister is due in mid-August, but my mom and I can't help but feel it may be a bit sooner than that(She didn't even know she was in labor last time!) Anyway, I'm feeling better though I'm in a nasty flare and having a bit of insomnia. God will see us all through :)

Hugs,
    Adam
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

You've been on my mind and heart to pray for, and will keep praying until your niece or nephew is born.

You have a beautiful faith, and I love how caring for each other, you and your Mom are.

Judy
  10. poets

poets Member

Thanks so much for your prayers. Adam's sister went to her doctor yesterday and everything looks good. The little one (girl)is doing just fine and so is her momma. It won't be long now. The won't let her go past her due date (August 15) because of the gestational diabetes.

They increased her caloric intake because she had lost a pound putting her weight at 111. Not very big for someone almost eight months along. She was feeling a bit stronger today. Adam is taking a nap but I'll point out your post to him when he awakens.

Hugs,
    Meg
  11. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Meg,

Thinking about you, and wondering how all is going in your family.

You and Adam and your daughter, and the baby, and your son-in- law's need for work have been coming to mind so often.

Praying for each and every one.

Did your daughter gain any weight back?

May God embrace you all, and care for each need.

Judy

12. poets

poets Member

Thanks so much for thinking about us. I wasn't online last night because poor Adam was in the emergency room with a kidney stone. He has a history of those. The cat scan showed that it had passed, but he's still a bit sore.

My daughter Angie is doing really well. Her sugar is under control and she's gained two pounds, weighing 113. The baby is very active and seems to be doing fine. I'll be so glad when she's finally here!

So far Adam hasn't had any large seizures. The last one of those he had was two years ago, when Angie was expecting his nephew. He gets a little confused sometimes,(temporal lobe seizures) but it's only been recently, and only when he's stressed. He and his sister are very close and he frets about her.

My son-in-law had a promising job interview yesterday. He has a really nice resume that he put together. We're praying that he gets the job.

I'll definitely keep everyone posted. Thanks again so much for your concern. I don't know what I'd do without you all!

Love,
    Meg
  13. xphile

xphile New Member

Thanks so much for the continued prayers; it means a lot to me. I'm feeling better today than I was last night, but I am still sore from that kidney stone. I'm taking the Vicodin the ER doctor wrote out for me and that's keeping the pain pretty much at bay. I had my blood sugar tested last night also since I had had nothing but Gatorade for quite a while before I had gotten to the ER.(It showed up as high sugar in my urinalysis), but my blood sugar was 89 which I was pleased with considering that was basically a fasting test. With food it would probably have been in the low 100s like usual. I didn't get out of the hospital till close to 3am last so I spent today resting mostly. Once again thanks so much for your prayers! I appreciate them and you very much! God bless you.

Hugs,
    Adam
  14. poets

poets Member

Thanks for your prayers and compliments. Angie has been having frequent Braxton-Hicks contractions but I haven't gotten that phone call yet!

Hugs,
    Meg
  15. poets

poets Member

I went to the doctor with my daughter today. She is starting to go weekly now. I saw the ultrasound. Everything looks good and the baby has the cutest little nose! She weighs approximately 5 pounds 11 ounces. They won't let Angie go past the due date because of her gestational diabetes. So next month at this time little Kimberly will be here.

Please keep your prayers coming her way. Adam is doing well too. No seizures so far. I appreciate you all so much.

Love,
    Meg
  16. windblade

windblade Active Member

Wonderful, wonderful news! That must have been so exciting, to see the ultrasound of baby Kimberly.

So thankful that Angie is well, and Adam has been doing well.

Poor Adam though, with the painful kidney stone. Youch.

Praying for you all, Meg.

It's exciting to think of the baby being here in only a month. Does your daughter live far from you?

Love, Judy
  17. windblade

windblade Active Member

I forgot to mention that I'm praying for your SIL's need for a job also.

Judy
  18. poets

poets Member

My daughter lives about 25 miles away from me. That's a bit unsettling, because with her first baby she went so fast! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming.

Hugs,
    Meg
  19. windblade

windblade Active Member

Keeping Adam and Angie and the baby in my prayers. It's so exciting to be so close to the time.

Judy
  20. poets

poets Member

I'll keep everyone posted!

Love,
    Meg