Please pray for Carrie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Today we got some lab results back that aren't good.Her cortisol level are real bad.Looks like it is her puturitary gland.Dr. said possibley a tumor when we first meet.Right now we have to collect urine for 24 hours and possibly have an MRI.

She has been developing very fast.Her muscle growth is remarkable.Her whole body is covered with the worst strech marks I have ever seen.

Her face has become less feminine and the agressive behavior and delusions are becomeing a serious problem.

Just this last week she has a delusion she was a wolf and bit her self so badly that she had bleeding teeth marks and a bruise the size of a baseball.And then Saturday went after her sister with a knife.Carrie hates my daughters boyfriend and he was at the house.He is a very bad trigger for Carrie but not so bad to make her want to hurt her sister that she loves very much.

I am so worried.Not only does Carrie have hydrocephalus,seizure disorder,brain damamge,a malformation in the left frontal lobe of her brain,mild hearing loss,severe auditory processing disorder,depression,mood disorder,severe social anxiety and mildly mentally retarded.....now she has this.

Well the knifes have all been hidden away.Carrie is watched constantly.SHe unfortuantely is being sedated heavily to calm her mood down and to prevent her from hurting herself.

We have changed her mood disorder meds. Her psych. said that endocrinolgist and psych. work hand in hand. So much of the endocrine gland can affect the mental state.

And to top things off I have to go in Friday for more than likely a carizone shot for my impinged left shoulder.I am taking pain meds. around the clock just to function but they are weakening.

Why do these thing keep happening to my baby.She has had 11 brain surgeries,seizures,just recently pneumonia,she has a very very hard time communicating.I am basically her translator.

Please pray for her and my family.
    Thank You,
    Sheila
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Sheila,
    What a difficult situation. May God send you some immediate relief!

(((HUGS)))

K.
  3. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

I, too, will pray for Carrie, for you, and the entire family.

How old is Carrie?

Hugs!
    Starr

4. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

YOU ARE ALWAYS HELPING OTHERS AND YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO CARRY YOURSELF. I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU CAUSE WHEN ITS YOUR CHILD HURTING THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE.

I PRAY THAT YOUR CHILD AND FAMILY GET ALL THE HELP YOU CAN. ILL BE THINKING OF YOU.LOVE GAIL
  5. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Carrie is my youngest daughter.We almost lost her at birth.SHe spent 3 weeks on life support.And every since then she has been in and out of the hospital.

She just turned 15.She has no idea what is happening other than the dr. is trying to find out why her muscles are so big,her face is so big and why she has serious strech marks.

And to top things off I feel awful.Right now my head hurts,shoulder and neck still hurt and my 20 yr. old daughter won't fix her own grilled chesse sandwich cause she doesn't know how.So, she just isn't gonna eat.
    *********************SCREAM*************************

I cried all the way home from picking up my daughter from work.My 20 yr. old that still hasn't gotten a licesne.This girl needs to grow up.

Well we start the urine collection tomorrow.I talked to husband again and he was able to tell me more of what the dr. said.Her coristol level is so bad that it looks more than likely to be a bengin tumor.But it will have to be removed surgically.

My sister in law is a nurse and she has been a God send.She reassured me that once this is taken care of that Carrie will feel better emotionally and physically.

Another journey for the Clark Family.I am so glad I have you all as my friends.
    HUGS!!!!!
    Sheila
  6. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

You and Carrie certainly have a lot on your plate. Hopefully she will be better soon. You need prayers too to stay strong through all you do for everyone. I admire your fortitude!
    Hugs,
    Val
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

Oh Sheila, I just don't know anything comforting to say to you right now, to tell you the truth. My heart is aching for you, your daughter, and the rest of your family. All that I can tell you is that you and Carrie will most definitely be in my prayers as well as my thoughts.

I have never had a sick child such as you and WakeMeUp. I do not know if I could be as strong as you two women. You have to be a remarkable woman. You are so devoted to your daughter and doing what is right for her. You have been through soooooo very much with her. God must be guiding you and your husband through all of these tough times, or how else could you make it? Carrie doesn't know how lucky she is to have parents like she has.

I know you haven't been feeling well either. I pray that somehow you continue to have the stamina to do what needs to be done for Carrie.

I also pray that your older daughter will stop competing for your attention and affection and realize that she also needs to focus on Carrie.

I remember at one time you were going to try to seek some financial support since you could not qualify for SSDI or SSI. I hope you were able to come up with something.

Is Carrie on SSI or some type of disability? I think she would be able to qualify for something, as well as possibly some in-home medical attention to relieve you some. If she is not, why not check on it, or ask someone else to since you probably don't have the time now.

Thinking of you, dear --- with prayers and love,
    Janet
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

for you, Carrie and your family. I think it's time for big sister to get her driver's license...she could be a big help to you...at least in taking herself places. Take care and God bless...Terri
  9. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Good to hear from everyone today.

Today we start the urine collection for Carrie.This goes on til the morning then off to the dr.'s with the collection.

I was able to look up some info regarding piturary tumors.Most all cases the all benign.And the surgical procedure it some cases is not to bad.They actually go through the nose to remove the tumor since the pituratry gland is at the base of the brain.And most cases this is out patient surgery.

She may have to go on hormone replacment treatment.

As far as me,I go to orthopedic Friday and will more than likelt get a cortizone shot in left shoulder.I think it is the impingment that is causing my neck an shoulder pain.

Yesterday I made it to the gym.I am trying aas hard as I can to keep going.I did skip today.Last night around 7 my body just felt as if it was supper drugged and I can barely stay awake.SO I went to be early.And unfortunately due to the bouts of depression I have been having husband had to make sure I didn't talke too much klonopin.

Well I didn't but it sure felt like it.Right now I feel ok considering everything.I am almost out of pain meds. and really they aren't helping as much anymore.

Isn't life fun?

HUGS,
    sheila
  10. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Good to hear from everyone today.

Today we start the urine collection for Carrie.This goes on til the morning then off to the dr.'s with the collection.

I was able to look up some info regarding piturary tumors.Most all cases the all benign.And the surgical procedure it some cases is not to bad.They actually go through the nose to remove the tumor since the pituratry gland is at the base of the brain.And most cases this is out patient surgery.

She may have to go on hormone replacment treatment.

As far as me,I go to orthopedic Friday and will more than likelt get a cortizone shot in left shoulder.I think it is the impingment that is causing my neck an shoulder pain.

Yesterday I made it to the gym.I am trying aas hard as I can to keep going.I did skip today.Last night around 7 my body just felt as if it was supper drugged and I can barely stay awake.SO I went to be early.And unfortunately due to the bouts of depression I have been having husband had to make sure I didn't talke too much klonopin.

Well I didn't but it sure felt like it.Right now I feel ok considering everything.I am almost out of pain meds. and really they aren't helping as much anymore.

Isn't life fun?

HUGS,
    sheila
  11. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Wow lady, you have so very much on your plate right now! I am sending up prayers for your whole family as we speak...(type?)