please pray for me and my children...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by losing my mind, Apr 3, 2004.

1. losing my mind

losing my mind New Member

dear worship board friends,
    i am normally on the depression chat room and have been going there for a year and have come on here a few times but now i have an urgent prayer request. before 10 days ago i suffered from depression and anxiety but was coping . tragically about 10 days ago my husband was killed in a car wreck. It has been the worst time of my life. im still in shock and my heart is broken beyond belief. now i have my 2 young kids to raise alone. God has been so gracious and carried us through this. I know my husband is now worshipping at Jesus' feet and in glory but i hurt so much and want him here with us. he was only 42. My son is just 10 and my daughter is 13 and now they have no earthly daddy. im so scared. i know the Lord is with us but we are still crushed. Please pray for us. we have wonderful family and friends but its still something i have to go through alone. we miss him so much -my heart is sad. thank you
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

My heart goes out to you and your children. I`m so sorry you lost your husband. Sending prayers up that God gives you peace and helps you and your children through this.

Hugs,
    Sandy
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Such sad news. I have not lost a husband, but have lost loved ones, and that sore sad heart stays with you forever. I also know my loved ones are at the feet of the Lord too, but its so very hard to give then to the Lord without a broken heart.

I will surely be praying for you and your young children. I can't begin to tell you how badly I feel for you.

Just know that you will be in our prayers here.

It is wonderful that you have family and friends, but like you said, its going to be between you and the Lord to deal with this horrific heartache.

God bless, if there is anything we can do, please just let us know.

Shalom, Shirl

4. Lumare41

Lumare41 New Member

I am so sorry for your loss I have children around the age of yours and am the same age as your husband.I can not imagine what you are going through.I will pray that God comforts you and your children and that over time you will be able to heal your hearts.And you will find peace knowing he is with Jesus.
    You are in my prayers
    Love Luann
  5. evon

evon New Member

i am so sorry to hear your news.

i lost may husband at 32 and i had 2 children 6 & 4.
    with my faith and the overwhelming urge to help my children i did survive. you really dont think you can, butplease keep up the faith it can be such a support.

i know with things so raw at the moment it will be hard but please know that prayers and support are with you
    (((((hugs)))))....evon
  6. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I am so very sorry for your loss and I send my prayers and thoughts to you and your children. While I have not experienced the same I empathize and so wish words could help. Please know that God will always be with you and your dear children. Lean on Him and when you cannot stand let Him carry you!!!

Numbers 6:24

Janine
  7. losing my mind

losing my mind New Member

thank you all for your prayers- night time seems to be the worst time for me, so please continue to pray for us. theres still so much to do with insurance and his business it makes my head ache. I really do covet your prayers.

God bless you all

losing my mind
  8. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

that you give them strength. These are the times we need only one set of footprints in the sand, when you are carrying them.
    I can offer no words of solace or wisdom, just the hope that the hours pass quickly, especially during the night.
    I am new here, and I do not want to break any rules, but if you would provide your first name, and possibly a name, or nickname for your children, I will put you on the prayer chain at church, plus ask my friends for prayer.
    Sweetie, try just getting through one hour at a time, if possible avoid making any huge decisions right now.
    Wishing I could send you comfort, a granny's arms or some words of wisdom. Bless you and your children, and all those close to you effected by your great loss.
  9. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

I was taken back so deeply by your prayer request. I am praying for you and your children to get thru such a horrific devastating tragedy. My heart goes out to you and the children.
    HUGS to you as well. Im am truly sorry for your tragedy.
    -Diane
  10. iLVravens

iLVravens New Member

You have been on my mind so much. Read this part slowly please . .. .. Trust in the Lord that He will see you through. Look for an e-mail for me soon. You were tops on my things to be concerned about as i journaled this morning. I believe in the power of prayer as everyone here does. He's shown me that there is NOTHING that He can not do. We All Are Here for you. I Love ya, and again, my most sincerest sorrow for your loss.(((((((((((((((Lostn))))))))))))))))))))). God Bless.

La'Verne
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2004]
  11. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I'm so sorry about you losing your husband and all the pain you and yours and his families, relatives must be going thru. This certainly his home to me, I just turned 43 last month. I will be your prayer warrior and the Lord to stand by your side and also everyone who loved this man to bring some measure of comfort, peace, and strength to endure. May you also feel his presence and know he will never leave your side. If you ever need to vent or just write a email, you certainly can email me anytime. Just look it up in my profile. I also suffer from Depression and Anxiety and tried to deny it for years. Last year at this time it became unbearable due some physical problems and getting on Antidepressents and Anxiety meds was the best thing I did. Certainly lifes ups and downs still get me down sometimes, and Losing your Husband is a major down, the Meds help alot. May the Lord bless you and all involved.

Danny
  12. advancewithcourage

advancewithcourage New Member

I am so sorry! I cried for you when I read your post. The only one who can truly understand what your going through is the Lord.

It is so hard to understand why He allows such tragedies in our lives. My daughter died in 1992 (I know it is NOT the same as losing a husband) and I thought I would never survive - but I did. Here are some things I did that really helped me to get through this very hard time...

1. Books that are helpful: The Seeking Heart by Fenelon, A Path Through Suffering by Elizebeth Elliot (herself widowed very young), Where is God when it Hurts by Phillip Yancy

2. I also read books on holocaust victims, Christian martyrrs and others who went through horrible times. This inspired me that I could also keep going day by day and that I could get through it all somehow.

3. I kept a journal that helped me get my feelings out.

4. I joined a grief support group.

5. I cried out to God ALOT, who was always willing to listen.

And give yourself a break right now. Unfortunately, there is not a way to climb off the path of suffering you are now on, you must walk it. Poeple used to always tell me, rather tritely, that time heals. I wanted to punch them! But over the months, I realized that there was some truth to it. Over time, we learn to walk through each day and, one day, we can even smile again.

I have a friend who lost her hubby at 43 years of age to a heart attack 2 years ago. She has 5 children, only 2 still at home. IF you contact the moderator for my e-mail address, I could put you in contact with her. Perhaps she could encourage you.

AWC
  13. kathy_323

kathy_323 New Member

I'm at a loss for words, as I'm sure words ring hollow at this time. I do pray for you and your children and ask that the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, surround you during your time of grief. Even when you don't know what to do or say, let the Holy Spirit intercede for you. May the love of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit be with you and yours.
    With Love,
    Kathy
  14. ari9

ari9 New Member

Dear Sister,

Please read my post for your situation. " Dying and He appeared to me".I also lost a loved one very tragicly.
    "Dying and He appeared to me".post name

Love in Jesus,

Ari9
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2004]
  15. hope2001

hope2001 New Member

Dear lovely lady,

I feel for you. I know this is a terrible time for you, for I have been there myself. My children were 1, 7 and 9 when their father was driven off a cliff by a drunk driver. He died several weeks later, never having regained consciousness.

We were in the middle of building our home, while living in it. It was truly a job site and I had no idea what we were going to do. We had no life insurance and the house had holes in the floor and wires hanging out of the walls.

All I could do was go to God. It was an amazing time of grace for us. It seems when you have absolutely no control over any of your life circumstances it is very freeing and peaceful to rely on God. I think it was easier than it would have been if we had had life insurance and a complete home. It took about 8 years to complete the house (almost - sortof) but I can assure that God met our needs and whims in amazing and inspiring ways. I sat at the threshold of each "room" and envisioned it completed and decorated, exactly as I would dream in its perfect "world". I prayed at each threshold that God would complete the work which was begun and that he would not only bring the home to completion but that it would be as beautiful and gracious as we had dreamed our dream home would be. I knew that God would be glorified by blessing us and sustaining us.

I read the Bible and showed my children God's promises to widows and to orphans. I showed them the ways that God had worked miracles in "impossible" situations for others who loved Him and that he would bless us and sustain us as well. I claimed God's word to Him in my prayers and professed that they be fulfilled in our lives as well.

Most importantly, I sat my children down and prayed with them often and honestly about our needs and my fears. I know that God has a special place in His heart for the prayers of children and that he would not let their faith fall flat.

I also talked to my children at the beginning of this time and told them that we were at the beginning of a very exciting journey. I told them that hero's never planned to be such. They never even imagined themselves to be heros or special in any way, they just took one step at a time and found themselves in difficult situations AND CONTINUED anyway. I told them that to be BRAVE is not to be fearless, but to continue even when they were afraid. Faith, I told them, is acting as though God has already done or in the process of doing what you ask him to do, even when there is no logical reason to believe it to be so. I told them that we would have many experiences that we never would have had in our previous life, some good, some bad, but this was just life. Everyone has things happen that are not fair. Especially in the Bible. God's chosen people suffered greatly and often, not because they were being punished, but for many reasons. Because God was purifying them, or helping them to learn something, or because they simply had excercised their own free will and were experiencing the consequences of that free will, because someone else had excercised their free will (like the drunk driver) and they were experiencing the consequences of that free will.

Mountains are very difficult to climb, but upon reaching the top the view is glorious and in looking back you can see why the path taken to the top was necessary, you can also see clearly into the distance...non necessarily the path that will get you to that distant destination, but you at least have a vision of a future mountain top....just remember there are more winding trails up down and around many difficult places along the way.

I certainly don't mean this to sound trite or patronizing. Scream when you feel like screaming and cry when you feel like crying. God knows your true feelings, pretending they aren't inside of you is just going to keep you alienated from God. I did a bit of yelling at God. I think he just loved me all the more in my grief. It also kept me real and my relationship with Him real. Tell your children that any emotion they experience at any time is perfectly OK and a natural part of the grieving process.

My oldest child just graduated last week. It was heart breaking to be there and know that she did not have a father to stand in pride as she accepted her diploma. It will be this way for your children as they grow...new stages to grieve through. It is never really over, just different. I am sure that weddings and grandchildren will be other times that grief will be new.

I lost my first three children, one a still born daughter. My best friend in the world, Beth, died 8 months before my husband, also in a car accident and I felt so completely alone when I was widowed. Beth and I had been friends since first grade and had been pregnant together. She had seen every stage of my development and my families development, as I had seen hers. I went through her death and her children's loss and I suppose in a way, she helped me to prepare for my own loss and my children's loss 8 months later.

I still have never found quite as good a friend again. things also were very different after being widowed because a lot of people have a difficult time with situations like that. I found that sometimes men in that situation are more embraced than women...who find themselves suddenly single and needy and (to some people - a threat to their marriages or to their sense of security in their "life"). I hope it won't be that way for you.

I am who I am because of everything God has walked me through. I would be a very different person today if things had been any different.

I am remarried now, for almost 4 years and he is wonderful. It took a while for the family to mesh as a unit...but the work was worth it.

I will keep you in my prayers.
    Please let us know how you are doing!
    Hope
    (brigett)
  16. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I have been praying in spirit for you.
    I just can't find the words to pray

though I have little contact with my church right now I will put you on their prayer chain, there you will have around 40 people praying for you.

My mother lost her husband when she was 28 and she had a child, she lost him to tabuculosus.
    because she chose to nurse him herself she came down with this TB.

she was then sent to a saniturium to die, she was that sick.
    but she lived and stayed thier for three years.

after that her life did go on and she remarried and had 3 more children.

though she has struggled her whole life with health issues, the Lord did remain by her side through all these years.

I just pray that you will have all the support you need from people around you.

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you and your children.

I wish you were near me because I would do everything in my power to help you.

can't even give you a hug.

love you though (tears)
    Lisa