PLEASE PRAY FOR ME AND MY HUSBAND

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by JuteJute, Sep 25, 2003.

1. JuteJute

JuteJute New Member

Hi Everyone,

There probably hasn't been alot of post on this board like this one.

I am in need of prayer, I use to be a Christian and I have back slid out of church 2 times.
    I have had this on my mind and heart for 2 months now, I want to get back into church.
    My husband has back slid out of church also.
    I feel like our lifes are empty now that we are not christians.
    I want to be cleansed of my sins.
    Please pray for us.

2. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

I will pray for you. I know how you feel about being empty. I just recently rededicated my life back to the Lord, a month ago maybe. I don't feel empty anymore though! I will keep praying for the both of you. I came to this board as a backslider too, but it wasnt long after that I came here and met all the wonderful people on this board that I knew that I wanted to turn my life back over to the Lord. I give the Lord the glory for that, but I am also thankful that my sister introduced me to this site, I know that God led her to bring me here and it has been the best blessing of my life! If you stick around, you will be blessed too. I was told that it was not an accident that I came here and it is not just by accident that you came to be here either!
    Lisa
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Just because a Christian does not attend church, does not in anyway mean they are no longer a Chirstian!

When you backslide from the Lord, that means you need to get back with Him. You have a God given free will, and He never forces us to do anything.

We do pull away from the Lord, He never moves away from us!

My husband and I rarely go to church services anymore. With me being so full of pain, and having trouble with mornings, its pretty hard. But we are in no way out of fellowship with our Lord.

Read my profile and see how active I was in church, but thats not possile for me anymore. But I am the same in the eyes of my Lord whether I am in church, teaching, or at home praying and living according to His will.

The church does not make the Christian, the Christian makes the church! 'Where two or more are gathered in My name, so am I in the mist of them'.
    This board, right now is the 'church', we are all gathered together in His Name.

I will pray for both of you, and the Lord will call you near to Him again, from what you just said, I think you hear the call.
    He loves His children, and is always willing and waiting for them to reach out to Him, He never turns any of us away.

Will be praying for you both. God bless, and know that no matter what, the Lord loves you wherever you are..........

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 09/25/2003]
  4. Sissy70

Sissy70 New Member

We backslid for a couple months as well and are just now getting back into it. We used to read the bible every night and go to church every week and then we just stopped and became lazy. No more we are going to attend church as much as we can (depends on if I have joints dislocated or not on some days) and reading the bible every night as well. I will definately pray for you and your husband as I know what it feels like to have Christ in your life as it is such a wonderful feeling. It brings so much to our marriage as well. Maybe you could pray for us as well. :)

God Bless,
    Danielle