Please pray for me Friday morning at 8:00 a.m.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Waldene, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Waldene

Waldene New Member

Besides Fibro, IBS, severe Asthma, I was in a auto accident - hit from behind. I'm doing traction on my neck 3 times a day and have to have a nerve block on my neck. BUT the scariest thing is Friday. I have to have a closed MRI. The doctor says the open ones don't reveal as much and since I've had two back surgeries - he needs the closed one. I am petrified. I had one in 1986 and they had to take me out 14 times.

They have given me two 5mg valium to take before. I just pray it will be enough to settle me down. It's very embarassing to be this afraid of something. I am a Christian and know that God will be with me; yet, I am terrified. I know that I am not being a very good witness and it shames me but I am so afraid of closed spaces.

I'm asking that you pray for me this Friday, Nov. 7, at 8:00 a.m. PLEASE!!!

Waldene
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m praying for you as you requested. I`m also afraid of those MRI`s. I barely make it through them. The last one I had done was on my knees and I didn`t even have to go in all the way but I still got freaked out.

I keep my eyes closed the whole time, that helps. Last time they laid a cloth over my eyes and they always give me headphones so I can listen to some music to distract me. Keep your mind busy thinking about something else.

Don`t feel bad Waldene. Its pretty common that people have a hard time with the MRI because of how closed in it is. Don`t worry it will be ok.

Best of luck with your tests.
    Sandyz
  3. Waldene

Waldene New Member

Thank you Sandy. I really appreciate it.
  4. sheried

sheried New Member

You know how when you start to wash dishes and then your nose starts to itch...happens every time I get in one of those things.LOL

The valium will settle you down and if you ask for headphones with music they will provide that as well.

It will be fine, but I will still keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I'll be watching for your post afterwards to see if your nose itched.

Hugs, Sherie
  5. shadow130

shadow130 New Member

Yes I am praying for you.

I am clastrophobic and hate MRIs.
    I asked my doctor for the open MRI and he said the resolution is not as good on those. (the open one
    is new here and I wonder if they have not worked
    out a kick-back payment arrangement yet) LOL

They put a towel over my head so I could not see
    inside the tunnel...yipes. In addition I am a Type
    A personality and the thing is too slow for me.

You will not be alone in there, Jesus will be in
    there with you.

Gordon
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Waldene, I do not like closed in spaces, or height either. I can relate to how you feel, nothing to be ashame of.

Will keep you in my prayers that the Valium works, and that it is done quickly as well.

God bless,

Shalom, Shirl

7. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello waldene,

I'll certainly be praying for you, your family, and the Doctor at 8am Friday.

Dear Lord Lord be with Waldene during this time and just let your will be done. please keep her safe and stay by her side and hold her hands to keep her calm.

danny
  8. Waldene

Waldene New Member

Thank you so very much for your prayers! I'm still dreading the MRI but it helps to know that prayers are going up for me. God Bless You All!!

Waldene (the big chicken)
  9. FibroJudy36

FibroJudy36 New Member

I know exactly how you feel, I also have asthma and I had to have a closed MRI done and I explained to the person doing the MRI that I had asthma and I was clausiphobic. So, they was very nice to me and let my husband sit beside of the MRI machine and rub my leg and foot while I was having the MRI done. This helped me to feel more secure. Maybe you could ask them if someone could go in with you also.

I will be praying for you on Friday at 8:00 am.

Blessings to you................Judy
  10. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Waldene,
    I too am very claustrophobic with closed MRI's. I had to have 2 in the past couple of months. I tried valium and they still had to get me out. What finally worked great for me was to have IV sedation. They give you enough to make you calm you don't care and the time passes quickly. You still know what's going on but believe me, you won't care. I had to have that at the hospital because the other MRI locations don't have that capability. They also let my husband rub and hold my feet. I had that twice. For me, that is the only way to go. It's a little more expensive, depending on your ins. but to me its worth it. I couldn't have done it otherwise. I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I hope if this is an option for you, you have time to go this way. You have to schedule it ahead of time. I'll be praying for you!

Love,
    Harmony
  11. Showers

Showers New Member

I pray you will have peace and be worry free for your MRI.

I have had a couple one for my back (car accident) and one for my knees. My son had one when he was in 6th grade. I have found that the people who do the MRI's are very nice and keep you informed as they do the MRI . I am sure you will do fine. Just keep thinking this to shall pass. Maybe plan lunch out after your MRI , something to look forward to.

Take Care :)

Sarah ~

Casting the whole of your care ( all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all) on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
    1 Peter 5:7

12. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Is it Friday where you are, Debbie? LOL
    It's Thursday in Arizona. You got me thinking and had to look at the calendar again. Just kidding!

Waldene, I will be praying for you as you have your MRI......whatever day it is.

Love,
    Harmony
  13. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be praying for you tonight (I have the midnight shift on the prayer ring!), I can't promise 8am, but the Lord will know the right time for you.

God Bless, and I am also praying all comes out well with the tests.........

Shalom, Shirl