Please pray for me, I am desperate

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Sep 12, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

Some of you who know me, know that I have been asking for prayers for four years that my DH find a job. He has been freelancing some but not enough to get us out of debt. Every month we dig ourselves a little deeper in the hole and it stresses me out so much!

My DH had no freelancing to do for the past 3 months and promised that he would use that time to job hunt. He hasn't made one follow-up phone call or email. Not one. Instead he has been taking several hot tubs a day, doing Sudoku puzzles, playging games online, watching poker on TV, etc. etc. It has been driving me crazy.

I finally confronted him yesterday and asked him if he is content to go deeper into debt each month. And he said yes! I asked him if he was ever really going to look for a job. And he said no!

I could not believe my ears. I am calling a real estate agent in to look at the house and I will call a lawyer tomorrow.

Please pray for me. I am so sick and feel so unable to deal with all this. And I am so sad that the love of my life is doing this to me.

Thank you to each person who says a prayer.
    Pepper
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so sorry. It sounds like he is feeling helpess and hopeless. Sometimes being rejected so many times makes one just want to give up. Perhaps we can pray that he finds some sort of job couselling or personal counselling that will get him back on the right road.

I know it's tough for you when you are sick. You are certainly on the prayer list.

Kathy
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

so much for your prayers.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

It feels like he is forcing you to make "the" decision. I would be scared and I am sure you are. I guess you have to figure if you are better off alone, than with a child/husband. Awful situation and I know I have prayed for you before.

Maybe this is rock bottom and you can rise from this point on.

Please post often, daily if you can. Ask for constant prayer. You know our fibro memories can't remember doo doo.

prayers and hugs for you Pepper.
  5. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

I know how you feel when it comes to bills...but i am lucky that my husband is a hard worker.

we still are not making it though. i've had to borrow from my dad, my church, etc. it's awful being sick.

i am so sorry you do not have the support you need. life can be so cruel. i've had to deal with rude comments and you just want to cry all of the time. i am waiting for disability and it's awful.

My prayer to you:
    Dear Lord, please help pepper in her desperate time of need..the world is crashing down on her...let your light shine through her pain. You oh Lord have a sweet child that is sick and in need of love and understanding...Give her the strength to do what she needs to do...and show her husband the light...he needs your wisdom, and insight to see what he is doing to pepper...please come to this familys aide...in Jesus Name...Amen!
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

Father I ask You to please come and hold Pepper tight at this time. Please come and comfort her. Please give her wisdome to know what to do. Please bring her peace in the midst of the storm. Please give her courage to make the right decisions. Thank you in Jesus Name.
    Cath
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I am crying as I write this having read your responses. Yes, asatrump, you have prayed for me many times before. I so appreciate all your prayers and your support.

Myalgiamania and Cath, thank you both from the bottom of my heart.

May God smile on all of you. I am thanking Him for the wonderful people like you on this board because I have a place to go in my time of need.

(((HUGS)))
    Pepper
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sorry that this is happening to you! I will pray for you and that God will wake up your husband!

Love....Mari
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

Prayers are what I need most right now. And my DH too.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  10. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I will pray that things go as easy as possible for you.Linda
  11. getridof

getridof New Member

I'm doing free-lance basis jobs as well. The income is low and very unstable. Luckily it's just enough (i live in a poor way). I wonder if there is any special reason about your husband that he kept on free-lancing. Does he have some kind of anxiety? You can read my profile to know why I'm freelancing. So maybe your husband also has difficulties that he doesn't realised. Anyway, I'll pray for you both. May God give love and help to you. May God give strength to your husband.

12. pepper

pepper New Member

Linda, I appreciate your prayers. I am sure that God has a reason but it is so hard!

Getridof, I did read your profile and my heart goes out to you. My DH does not suffer from any kind of social anxiety - just the opposite! He is the most sociable, friendly guy you would ever want to meet. I am a bit shy so this often makes me uncomfortable - he talks to everybody.

I think he is suffering from depression but he refuses to do anything about it. Right after he retired, his favourite brother (in a family of 12 kids) was dx with terminal cancer. He died a few months later. Recently his favourite sister (who has been battling terminal cancer for 11 yrs) seems to be nearing the end. And his youngest brother was dx last week with cancer too.

I think that he figures that he isn't going to live long, so what the heck, lets cash in the retirement funds and have a good time. But he is as healthy as a horse and will probably live to 90 y.o. like his mom.

(((HUGS)))to you both and thank you for praying
    Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 09/12/2006]
  13. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dear Pepper I will be praying for easier times ahead

May God richly bless you and your family in all that you are dealing with

hugs

kgangel
  14. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Start a new post tomorrow dear. Just write as if you were talking to me. It helps all of us to focus more clearly regarding your situation. Sometimes besides prayer a person may have a suggestion or idea that could prove helpfull.

So many with so much. Heavenly Father, please shine down on us, the needy.
  15. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Sending up a prayer for you that things improve for you soon, stress is so awful. Please take care.

Hugz,
    Tona
  16. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Dear Pepper, I am so sorry and I wanted to let you know I am keeping you and your hubby in my thoughts and prayers.

Dear Lord, Please watch over this family in their time of need and hold them close. Please help lift the financial burden that pepper is carrying. Thank You for never leaving us alone.

Wishing the both of you many Blessings

carolin
  17. pepper

pepper New Member

Thank you kgangel, Tona and carolin. I appreciate your prayers.

Asatrump, I will start a new thread when I can back on the `puter. DH is very busy on it today.

LittleBlueStream, we have been to a marriage counsellor. She was very good but DH didn`t follow through with one thing that was in his assignments. He has severe ADHD and has a hard time with follow through but it is getting worse.

I told him that I have seen a lawyer, and he started looking for a job. However, instead of following through with the leads he has been given in his field, he has been looking at the `Make money by working at home`jobs. I posted about it on the general board and most people think that they are scams and I agree.

Pepper

18. pepper

pepper New Member

There is no psychiatrist in this city who will treat ADHD except for one who has a 2 yr waiting list. Two yrs ago I found a naturopath who treats it and he seemed to be doing so much better.

However, as with most ADHD people, my DH has trouble with follow through. He did not follow through with ANYTHING! Not the diet, not his appointments, not his treatments. He just got tired of it all and stopped.

When I tried to talke to him about it he claimed that it didn't help, case closed.

I am going to start another post today about this situation.

I agree, LittleBlueStem, that he does need to address this problem as well as what I see as serious depression.

Thank you.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  19. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

20. pepper

pepper New Member

Please keep praying as I think that God may be answering all the prayers that have been going up for us.

DH applied for a couple of jobs yesterday and today and is looking into some more. He doesn't really see the need to do it (???) but has asked me to sit down with him and explain the finances to him - again!

But that is a really good sign.

I so appreciate all the prayers and hope that you will continue to pray. I am grateful to God that at least he is trying.

God bless you.
    Pepper