Please Pray for Me I am Nervous Because I had My annual mammo

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

My mom died of breast cancer and I feel so scared. I waited longer than I was supposed to for my annual, it has been two years.

I have fibro, ra oa, herniated & bulging discs, depression, chemical sensitive, bad headaches and many other problems just don't want to add breast cancer to the mix.

Last time I had a scare but it wasn't cancer.

I made a promiise tomy mom I would keep this current but I had been off insurance and hadn't won my disability yet.

Just keep me in your thoughts. Pamela
  2. Vitter

Vitter New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you. It is scary waiting for the results of tests. Hang in there!

Vicki
  3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

For your thoughts and prayers

Pamela
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

My mom have had breast cancer twice with lymph involved. She recovered well. I didn't do a mammo for 10 long years and finally got it done 3 weeks ago. Everything was clear. I hope yours will be too!
  5. ephemera

ephemera New Member

As an aside, I was listening to all the news on Gerald Ford's death & how Betty Ford recovered from breast cancer, pain killer addiction & alcoholism.

She must be one of the really long term breast cancer survivors, as her surgery was in the 1970s.

Wishing you a healthy exam.
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

My mom's a 14-year breast cancer survivor. Like your promise to your mom, my mom chides me each year to get my mammogram.

I had Leukemia this past year. It's too soon to call myself a survivor. I had to wait until my treatment for this was over to get my usual yearly mammogram, so I was overdue. But everything came out fine, though I was called back for second pictures. Turned out it was just a fold of breast tissue---often that happens, so don't panic if you get re-called for a second look.

I will be hoping everything is fine for you...

Hugs,
    Another Pamela