Please pray for me - I'm in trouble

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Jun 29, 2013.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Please pray that my DH and I can find a new place to live.

The hot weather is making it impossible for me to live here. With the bedroom and bathroom on different floors, it's impossible to keep hydrated enough to withstand heat, and make it downstairs s many times to bathroom. Can't stop drinking water - too dangerous.

We have a lease until Nov., but I can't make it through the summer here. I'm in the attic, with nothing above me but the roof. No buffer space, and it gets so very hot. We have AC, but just learned that it makes you need more water. Makes sense. No wonder I'm so thirsty all the time.But I am needing to go downstairs too many times for my strength. My husband has to push me back upstairs - I'm so weak.

Thank you for prayers! Will add more details later.

Judy
  2. springwater

springwater Member

Judy

surely will pray extra hard. how i wish things were easier and your health
    was better.

It does sound very challenging to have to keep drinking water and then
    make the trek downstairs when you are so weak.

Please stay strong. I know lots here will pray for your improved health
    and for you to find the right place to stay.

Gentle Hugs

God Bless
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

OMG......summer and heat troubles. I will ask God to show you the perfect place. Is there a way to put a couch/bed downstairs for you along with whatever you need to be comfortable.

I understand about the stairs. I always wanted a two story house but thankfully never found one....God knew what he was doing. My daughter has one and I don't go upstairs unless it absolutely absolutely necessary.
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Oh Judy,

I am so sorry to hear about your problem with where you are living now. I understand about the heat it is awful but at least I can move around more than you inside. I have about 1/3 of the upstairs finished, bath, bedroom and a huge storage closet . I don't particularly like to go upstairs either but I can. Great for storage but we do not use the guest room all that much really anymore.. In fact we just removed the TV up there and turned off the hookup for our cable. Everything is getting so expensive and I really don't watch that much TV any more. But we have TV in LR and our room.

Hope you can get out of your lease and find something suitable for you both quickly. More prayers to you to help you in your situation.

Big soft Hugs and special blessings,
    Granni
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Spring, Sunflower and Granni, Thank you so much for your prayers!

I've had the problem with the stairs all along, but the heat up here is brutal now. I was making it before, but now it's too much. I also have to melt ice on me - I've always been prone to heatstroke. My body has some kind of temp. problem where the heat keeps building up and I get clammy instead of sweating.

My DH is going to start looking tomorrow. But to move from one place to another when renting...... last time I had to make a choice on everything in only 20 minutes! My dh had already seen it. But I have to consider severe MCS, Extreme PTSD which is triggered off by noise, and CFS weakness. All together those things are very daunting.

I have a cousin who is looking for me too.

I'm very vulnerable with so many things to deal with at once. The PTSD is the most dangerous. But at least I could get out and around before the CFS - 21 years now.

I'm very thankful for this place we're in now because in the 8 months we've been here, my body has healed a lot from mold/mycotoxin illness. I had Gerd which has now healed, and gastritis, much better, and just this week the swelling of my lips, inflammation and fungal rash is clearing up.

Sunflower - the one room downstairs I could use is still filled with boxes of things from the moldy house. I can't breathe in there. I couldn't go through it all - because I would keep getting exposed to the mold.

Yes, the two hurricanes did so much damage to our lives.

Thank you again for prayers, and listening to my venting!

Love, Judy
  6. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Thinking about you Judy and all you are dealing with, sorry for all that....you need a big break and change...it's hot everywhere I keep hearing, Death Valley, CA may come close to their 1913 134 temp...It's nice here in Santa Monica....love my little apt. jam xo
  7. rockstar69

rockstar69 Gail

Amen! Praying in agreement with you Julie for Judy and her hubby. I am believing and trusting in the Lord.

Much Love to you all,

Gail
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

Julie - thank you for such a beautiful prayer!

And Gail - thank you for joining in and agreeing.

Jam - I'm glad you're happy in your apt, and thanks for your concern.

I appreciate so much everyone's support. It means a lot to me!

We've been looking online but most places for rent that we can afford are in rural places, where we have no knowledge of the area. We tried that once before, just took a leap into what looked so peaceful and rural, but there was a huge factory right behind - loudly running 24 hours a day. We had lived in a small city.

Now we can use google maps, and online realtors, and get a good sense of the places.

A friend - a Catholic Mother Superior, just offered to get volunteers to clean up our mold exposed books. So many cartons take up most of our living room. This would be so wonderful!!! And with that space cleared we might be able to shuffle things around, put in a series of extension cords for AC for me downstairs, and make a small resting room for me close to kitchen and bathroom.

Meanwhile trying to get through the hot weather up here in attic, and getting downstairs.

I just don't have the strength to move right now, my stress levels have been sky-high this week as we've looked at houses.

Thank you for seeing me through this time!!! We've really got about a year's worth of restoring from Hurricane Irene left to do.

Love, Judy