Please pray for me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Dec 5, 2005.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm having foot surgery this Thursday in the morning. I'm having a bunnion and a hammertoe fixed and will be off of my feet for a few days. I'm concerned about my restless leg syndrome making life unbearable....I'm really not used to sitting! I'm more worried about the RLS than the surgical pain! Thanks for your prayers!
    P.S. I will be unable to drive for about 3 weeks, so I will be having to be chauffeured...LOL
  2. Musica

Musica New Member

And may you have a feeling of peace inside about the surgery and your recovery. I hope you have meds for the RLS, like Mirapex, that will do its job.

Perhaps you can do a quick phone consult with a physical therapist or someone else who can suggest ways of moving your upper legs without making your foot hurt too much or causing injury? Moving your thighs back and forth, massaging them, a vibrating massager to make your legs feel stimulated like they're walking? Not having RLS, I don't know what helps, but I think it's worth asking what you might be able to do to relieve your RLS symptoms while you are off your feet.

Best of luck on your surgery! Try not to stress about it too much, as being more relaxed physically and mentally could help how you do during and after.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

My prayers will be with you..I do hope all goes well and that this will not make your RLS worse...Please let me know how things go..Prayers and love, greatgran
  4. 1horse

1horse New Member

My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you undergo surgery. being chauffeured isnt so bad ..lol take care peggy
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

for a safe and successful surgery and a comfortable recovery. You and your legs just try to take it easy.
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Please ask your doctor about the meds for RLS. Someone mentioned Mirapex - perhaps you could get your RLS under control before having this surgery.

If you are very worried, you could postpone the surgery and see if you can get some meds for the RLS first.

7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. I am on Mirapex, but sometimes, when I'm overtired, it takes a while to kick in (bad pun). Anyway, I believe I will leave it in God's hands and it will go fine. Thanks again... Terri