Please pray for me

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, Apr 27, 2004.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Hi there

I have been so sick and fatigue lately.

Also have been smoking (again) due to so much stress going on around here.

What really upsets me is that I don't even have it in my heart to to quit again. and I know that's not helping me to feel better.

My prayer request is that I will feel better and stronger. that I would desire to stop smoking somehow.

I have to go to my Aunts funeral tommorow and really don't feel up to it. My parents really want me there even though I have three older sisters who could go.

My mother would like to see me in a dress and heals when I can hardley walk lately.

I think I'm a little depressed, but am doing everything in my power not to hinder my walk with the Lord.

such a long letter I know, but really need a break from feeling ill.

I need strenth too so I can help my family.

Love Lisa
  2. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

I am praying that you will have the strength to attend the funeral & be there for your Mum. It's hard doing things that make us feel worse, but sometimes we just have to for our family's sake.
    As for the smoking, ask God for the strength to give up, when the time is right He will help you, maybe with the help of patches or something ?
    I pray you will soon feel better & stronger. God Bless.
    Linda.
  3. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

I am glad that I feel good today b/c I've been able to respond to many of you and try to encourage others:)

I will pray for you. Stopping smoking is tough. I quit at 19 years old (20 years ago) but every once in a while (about every 4 or 5 years), I buy a pack of cigarettes. I do that when I get really stressed too.

Get before the Lord and speak to him about it, he always gives me different suggestions each time. He seems to know what the real need of your heart is and why you keep wanting all those chemicals in the cigarettes.

The first time I quit, the Lord asked me why I started smoking. I realized that I did it to rebel against my dad who would have killed me if he knew I was smoking. The next time I was stressed and smoking, the Lord just told me, "I understand". When I knew I wasn't being judged for doing it...it was easy to quit b/c I really didn't want to harm my body with the cigarettes. Anyway, those are some of my experiences.

Take care and have a great day:)
    Kathy
  4. dash

dash New Member

I'm adding my prayers for strength and deliverance to those others that have been offered here.

The Lord will bless you for honoring your parents and going to your aunt's funeral.

As for what you wear... wear a dress, or skirt if have one, but skip the heels. Walking in them could be dangerous if you are in pain. Don't take the chance of falling.

Della
  5. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

It means so much to me

Love Lisa
  6. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

Ill be praying for you too. Hang in there. Im at an all time low also, esp. today, so I know how you are feeling.
    <<< HUGS >>>>
    -Diane
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying for you as you requested.

Love,
    Sandy
  8. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Hope you can find some comfort and relief. As for the smoking thing, I am also a smoker, tried every thing there is to stop. Can't do it. I have prayed and prayed and prayed about it, but still nothing. I will pray for you and maybe you can pray for me.
    Hugs to you
    tlc8858
  9. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member