Please Pray For Me

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My friends, for some time, I have been under a lot of stress and have been mainly moderating and answering posts on the FMS and Chit Chat Boards. I continue to ask God to help everyone here with the physical, emotional, financial, and relationship problems that chronic illnesses cause. I just haven't been able to answer individual posts but I pray for all your individual intentions.

I think my stress has been caused by several things coming together at once, including all our storms here in FL this year, and the cumulative stress of this has finally caught up with me. I now have so little tolerance for anything stressful that I am unusally depressed.

I just ask that you remember me in your prayers and I continue to keep you all in mine. Thank you so very much. I know the power of prayer.

Love, Mikie
  2. ginn266

ginn266 New Member

Mikie,

I am praying right now for you. I pray you find strength and comfort. I also pray for relief and for so good times to wipe out the horrible things you have had to face.

Hugs
    Gin
  3. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

The people in Florida have really been thru it this year.

It would be hard on anybody and my, prayers are with you.

When depression slips into our lives , its very hard to get rid of,its seems to come along with our dd.

My prayer is that the Lord will lift the depression and give you peace and contentment.

You are doing a very good thing, as moderator, it must be tuff , with so many diff. boards.

Do you ever get a break ?? You have problems coming at you from every side, and still having to deal with the hurricane damage, around you.

You need a break and I hope the Lord will help you.
    Im sure, you know better than me , He can give you Peace, in the midst of the storms, of life.
  4. LynneH

LynneH New Member

You know you're in my prayers. I hope you'll get relief soon. Just a thought...are your hormones okay?

Love, Lynne
  5. Posey

Posey New Member

I surely understand about the stress and the depression that comes from it.

Even the tiniest thing that someone else expects from me sends me into a panic attack because I simply can't get a break to rest.

You do so much in being a moderator for the boards and that in itself can't be an easy job.

As you told me in my prayer request, take of yourself and spend some time recooperating. I am praying for there to be peace in all our lives and that we can have some comfort and strengths to face the "storms" we endure.

Thank you for your compassion and concern.

Hugs,
    Chris
  6. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher New Member

I'm very sorry to hear you're passing through a rough time. You do so much for us that it somehow seems unfair that now you should be extra burdened.

Just to say I am upholding you in prayer and will continue to do so.

Music Teacher (UK)
  7. LindaH

LindaH New Member

I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I do believe there are a great many dealing with depression now. It may be stress related or otherwise. It really doesn't matter what the reasons it matters that it is there. I hope you can get it under contol and return to happier times.

God bless,
    Linda

8. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord,

I pray for a season of peace in Mikie's life. May she have an opportunity to de-stress and rest in Your love. Break through her depression and give her hope for her tomorrows.

In Jesus' name I pray,
    Della
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are always in my daily prayers, here are some Scripture that may help you, it has always helped me when I am so down that I feel like the ground is sucking me in;

Romans: 8: 26-33 'Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we aught: But the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is in the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intecession for the saints according to the will of God.

28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to hims purpose.

29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the first born among many breathern.

30. MOreover whom he did pedestinate them he also called: and whom he called he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31. What shall we say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32. He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33. Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth'.

These Scriptures always bring me out of my darkest hole, I hope they do the same for you...............

Shalom, Shirl
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your prayers and good wishes and, Shirl, thank you for the Scripture. I appreciate everything.

This isn't depression as I once suffered it when I had clinical depression. I believe it's because my life seems to be in transition and yet, I don't know what God wants of me. I know it will be revealed in His own good time.

In the meantime, I believe I am feeling better but not well enough to try exploring a new direction for myself. I am restless. I've been really sick and I've been well, but it's the "in between" limbo which gets to me. I'm not complaining because I could be really sick.

I've just pulled back from almost everything and am biding my time and trying to destress. Seems that right now, I can't handle stress at all. Every little thing seems to just sap my strength.

Well, sorry for whining. Just wanted y'all to know how much I appreciate each and every one of you.

Love, Mikie
  11. pepper

pepper New Member

You do so much for all of us on this board. I am praying for you tonight.

Pepper
  12. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

That the Lord's will will lift you into His light and truth. That any Spiritual Strongholds will be lifted and you will be able to receive His blessings.

Jeremiah: "Before I made you in your mother's womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for special work."

Paul wrote in Corinthians: The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
  13. greatgran

greatgran Member

Sorry, you are having a difficult
    time . It is good that you know your
    stresses and are addressing them before they get to out of hand..

Slow down take care of Mikie and you
    will be in my prayers for comfort
    and peace.

Love and praying for you,
    greatgran