Please pray for my BIL

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Dec 2, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

He is having cancer surgery on Thursday, Dec. 7. He is 52 yrs old and has never been sick before and is finding this very traumatic as you can imagine.

My DH visited him yesterday and couldn't believe what he looks like. He has lost over 60 lb and looks like an old man. This all happened in less than 4 months.

This is difficult for the family since their sister died of cancer 6 wks ago.

I would appreciate prayers for my dear BIL, his wife and two young children.

Thanks to all who pray.
    Love, Pepper
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

Done. Let us know how you, hubby and him make out? ok?
    Love ya
    Cath
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I have been praying for him but now that I know when he is having surgery will definitely be specific. Still praying for your pain and fatigue and hubby to respond to meds and of course for the perfect job.....which hopefully is the one waiting for him in Dec. Thanks for posting a birthday wish to my friend. She will be so thrilled that people from all over the US and Canada and Germany responded. She is a very special person to me.

Take care.

Love,
    Nancy
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

for praying for my BIL. His name is Cammie.

He is terrified and does not believe that he will come out of the surgery. He told my DH that if he's alive on Friday, he'll give him a call. My DH is worried that he has no fight in him and may not make it through the surgery.

My DH has seen him only a few times since he got sick and can't believe how quickly this disease has aged him. It must be terrible for his wife and kids to watch this happen before their eyes.

There is no good time to lose a loved one but I think losing someone at this time of year is indeed extra difficult.

Thank you all for your prayers.
    Love, Judy

[This Message was Edited on 12/03/2006]
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I can't think of anything sage to say, but I will pray. He sounds very scared, I will also pray for his mental state, and his physical state. Prayers continue for your family, that your husband will get the perfect job, and that you can breathe a sigh.
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Praying for Cammie, and the entire family. What a sad and difficult time it's been for all of you.

God bless you all,

Kim
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

asatrump and Kim. I appreciate your prayers for Cammie.

Asa, you have been praying for my hubby to get a job for as long as I have been asking. Thank you for being such a faithful prayer warrior.

Love, Pepper
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I will certainly add this to my list! I am so very sorry to hear about this!

Love...Mari
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers.

LittleBlueStem, you are right. When he was originally dx with cancer, he was given 2 options: bladder removal or chemo and radiation. He chose the latter because he didn't want to live with a bag.

The chemo and radiation did not work and the cancer grew into his kidneys and they shut down a few weeks ago. Now he is getting the bladder out but the doctors aren't sure how much they are going to find when they get in there.

My BIL is very secretive about it all and my DH is sure that he isn't telling him everything that he knows. It is really hard to be supportive and tell him not to worry when we aren't sure if we even know the whole story.

We have been telling him that things will be fine and we know people who live productive lives with bags but he isn't listening. We wonder if he isn't listening because he knows a lot more is wrong than he is letting on.

We may find out on Thursday. :-(

I agree with you that attitude is a big part of even surviving any surgery that going into it in such a negative frame of mind can only hurt.

Pepper
  10. webintrig

webintrig New Member

that the Lord will be by his side and the hand of the surgeron will be guide. I pray for his healing and also for his family that the Lord be with you all and give you strength and understanding at this terrible time.

I was hoping Pepper your husband got that job...no word yet? Well, I will still be praying for you two on that!

Always,
    webby
  11. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Tomorrow is the scheduled surgery. Prayers for Cammie, for those who minister him, and for family.
  12. pepper

pepper New Member

Cammie is in the hospital now waiting for the surgery tomorrow. There is a superbug going around that hospital so we are praying that it is nowhere near his room.

Thank you for praying.

Love, Pepper

Webby, there will be no news on the job front until January so I am hoping that all the prayers going up for a whole month will do the trick! :)
  13. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Prayers are being sent their way

May God Bless them all and keep them and may he have a successful surgery and be on the road to recovery soon

God Bless

hugs

kgangel
  14. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers.

Love, Pepper
  15. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers. I agree with you. God certainly knew what He was doing when He decided that women would give birth!

I am sure that no one wants to live life with a bag instead of a bladder just like no one would want to live with these DD's. But life happens.

I will let you know how this all turns out.
    Love, Pepper