Please Pray for My Brother Monday, 1/29/07

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by JLH, Jan 28, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

My younger brother is having surgery at 12:30 pm on Monday, Jan 29th for cancer.

He has Stage 4 colon cancer. He has undergone chemo 24/7 for months along with radiation which has litterly burned him up.

The large mass did not shrink nearly enough as the surgeon had hoped that it would before his surgery.

He is 54 with a wife, 2 adult married sons, and 2 really young grandsons.

Your thoughts and prayers will be most appreciated.

Love,
    Janet
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am sure as the big sister you would like to take care and fix your poor brother. His situation sounds grave and I promise to hold him in prayer. do post again Janet with updates, and maybe put a note on the weekly prayer chain as sometimes these messages fall to the bottom of the column before people see them all.

Today is January 29. I will pray at 12:30 for him, and ask that God provide every possible means of cure through this surgery. And, prayers for those who wait.
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

Dear Janet,

His surgery will be in a couple of hours. I will stop now and pray for your brother.

Love, Pepper
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Thank you all so very, very, much for your warm thoughts and prayers.

I was at the hospital all day yesterday.

Before they took him back to surgery, he told me that he was so scared and nervous that even his feet were shaking!!

The surgeon told us that he thought he got it all. His words were very positive and promising! He was in surgery for 5 hours.

He went directly to ICU, so I went home.

I had to go to the hospital in a wheelchair because of my back--it was in such bad pain that I was really having a difficult time. Something that I had done Saturday evening really set off the pain from my pinched nerve in my back. I think it was stacking up the 4 cases of Pepsi that I got at Wal-Mart when my daughter took me shopping on Saturday. She had carried it in to my back porch but just kind of left it in the middle of the floor! It was a dumb move on my part. I don't know if that was what it was or what, but something really set off the pain!

I came home from the hospital and went to bed at 11:30 pm and didn't get up until 2:30 pm this afternoon! The couple of pain pills that I took certainly helped!

I have called and checked on my brother and his wife said he was doing as well as could be expected and was still in ICU, so she had limited visits.

Thanks everyone, again, for all of your support. It is really comforting to me.

Love,
    Janet

5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Hope you feel better. Please keep us posted about your brother, but start a new thread if possible.
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

JLH, I am so sorry for all you are facing and going through. I will be praying for you , your brother and your family.

May God Bless you and give you his strength.

hugs

kgangel