Please Pray for My Brother ... Monday Morning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JLH, Jan 28, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

My younger brother is having surgery at 12:30 pm on Monday, Jan 29th for cancer.

He has Stage 4 colon cancer. He has undergone chemo 24/7 for months along with radiation which has litterly burned him up.

The large mass did not shrink nearly enough as the surgeon had hoped that it would before his surgery.

He is 54 with a wife, 2 adult married sons, and 2 really young grandsons.

Your thoughts and prayers will be most appreciated.

2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Oh, Janet. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of need. Soft hugs. Joy
  3. webintrig

webintrig New Member

for his healing, for his family and you for strength and comfort from our Lord.

4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Prayers have gone up for healing for your brother, and for peace and strength for all who will help him through this.
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Will be thinking of your brother & his family,and you.It must be a very worrying time for you all.Hope surgery goes well,
  6. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I'll have your whole family in my thoughts today.

7. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Janet:

You and your brother and his family are in my thoughts and prayers today.

My 57 year old dad died of colon cancer in 1990. Just one month after being diagnosed. He had a 95% blockage and they decided to remove it. They did the surgery and also looked at his liver, which they tried to remove a tumor from, hoping that it would buy him 6-12 more months of pain free life. The surgeon informed us that his entire liver was occupied by tumors, and that there was nothing that they could do. All my dad wanted to do was to go home.

Us 3 kids were all over the world. My older brother in Frankfurt, my sister and I in LA. My dad lived in CT, where we all grew up. We all made sacrifices and arranged for him to go home. We had home nursing care arranged, and were told that he would probably have 3 months or so. Unfortunately, he died just 24 hours after getting home. I think he just wanted to be in his own home. I also think it was better for him, as he did not have to suffer much at all.

Once again, my thoughts are with you and your family. I know that they have made lots of progress in the treatment of colon cancer over the past 17 years.

8. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I am keeping good thoughts for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
    Keep us posted.
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

What a difficult and sad time this must be for you all.

I will pray and keep you all close in my thoughts.

It's so difficult to see a younger, or any, sibling so very sick. I'm a 'big sis' too, I know..

Take care of you!

Gentle hugs...

10. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
  11. boltchik

boltchik New Member

So sorry to hear about your brother. I will say a prayer for him and for your strength. Sending positive thoughts your way. Kim :)
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm Praying for your brother and all the Family!.....S
  13. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

I am praying for your brother and his family, for you also. I am hoping all is going good tonight
  14. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I am praying for your brother! I pray that his surgery is successful and that all of our healing thoughts lift him and his family up through this difficult time.

15. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Have hope, my prayers are with you and your dear brother. Have you posted on the prayer board?

Love Annie Cromwell
  16. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I hope everything goes well. Sending warm thoughts and wishes your way.

Nancy B
  17. JLH

JLH New Member

Thank you all so very, very, much for your warm thoughts and prayers.

I was at the hospital all day yesterday.

Before they took him back to surgery, he told me that he was so scared and nervous that even his feet were shaking!!

The surgeon told us that he thought he got it all. His words were very positive and promising! He was in surgery for 5 hours.

He went directly to ICU, so I went home.

I had to go to the hospital in a wheelchair because of my back--it was in such bad pain that I was really having a difficult time. Something that I had done Saturday evening really set off the pain from my pinched nerve in my back. I think it was stacking up the 4 cases of Pepsi that I got at Wal-Mart when my daughter took me shopping on Saturday. She had carried it in to my back porch but just kind of left it in the middle of the floor! It was a dumb move on my part. I don't know if that was what it was or what, but something really set off the pain!

I came home from the hospital and went to bed at 11:30 pm and didn't get up until 2:30 pm this afternoon! The couple of pain pills that I took certainly helped!

I have called and checked on my brother and his wife said he was doing as well as could be expected and was still in ICU, so she had limited visits.

Thanks everyone, again, for all of your support. It is really comforting to me.

18. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sorry but I don't post here very much anymore. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Sending many prayers for him and his family.

Wishing your brother a healthy and speedy recovery. Please remember to take care of yourself, also.

20. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member