Please pray for my daughter

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by MsE, Aug 1, 2007.

1. MsE

MsE New Member

I am visiting from the CFS board where I have posted for many years. Now I come to you asking for prayers.

My daughter, who is 45, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and has three to six months to live. It has spread throughout her organs and is not operable. Chemo wouldn't give her more than a few extra months, and she doesn't want to endure that.

I need prayers for my own strength and wisdom and courage, and most of all I need prayers for my daughter's pain management and peaceful death.

There is, of course, much more to the story, but please believe me: all of us need spiritual help. Thank you. MsE
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

...will pray for you and your dear daughter.

So young. I also pray that the doctors will be able to keep her pain away...she doesn't need that nor do you. The medical community has many drugs to accomplish this.

God bless you all with peace and comfort.

Sue

3. MsE

MsE New Member

Thank you for your kind words and prayers. If there ever was a time I prayered to get rid of CFS this is it. I'm needed by my family, but all I can do is try to offer comfort and pray. Again, thank you for responding. MsE
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

What a wonderful name you chose! That's what we all must do when we're walking through the rough spots.

I just took a short walk and stopped to visit with a woman whose husband has Parkinson's. Her first husband died of cancer. She raised six children. Now she has offered to water my flowers when I have to leave for the Seattle area. The world is full of wonderful people. We hear so much of the stinkers that sometimes I forget how blessed I am.

You, for instance, who wrote back with a prayer. Thank you.
  5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

MsE,

I am in prayer for you, your daughter, and the rest of your family and friends.

Dear Lord, please hold this precious family in your hands and them feel the comfort that being held in your hands brings. This is so difficult to have to go through, and especially with MsE having CFS. Give her strength needed to help her daughter and the rest of the family. May she shine with your love and blessings in all that is to be. These things I pray in Christ's name; AMEN!
  6. MsE

MsE New Member

God bless you!
  7. MsE

MsE New Member

Your lovely prayer is much appreciated. I send my thanks to all of you who have written and pray God blesses each and every one of you. Thank you!
  8. MsE

MsE New Member

Your prayer is much appreciated. I am tryiing my best to remain peaceful and accepting of Gods will, but it is very difficult. I keep visualizing my daughter's little head when she was a baby--you know, tucked up on my shoulder near my neck? That picture keeps coming back and reduces me to tears.

There are days when I just want to disappear. "Thy will be done" has never been harder to pray, but I also know that it is the only thing that will keep me sane.

The CFS is bad now, and that worries me as I must be physically strong enough to help my daughter and all my other children and grandchildren.
  9. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

God, please be with this family. Please be gentle with them, offer comfort of your loving arms. Please watch over them every minute of the day and night. I ask this in Thy name.
  10. MsE

MsE New Member

And may God be with you, Asatrump, and all the dear people on this board who have offered prayers for my daughter and my family. Thank you.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2007]
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

My heart goes out to you and your daughter and your whole family. I know you all are hurting. I will say a constant prayer for you all. I pray that God will be with all of you through out each and every moment and just know that he is right by your side.

I pray that God will give you all the strength that you need. Wish I could give you a big hug as you need one badly. Here is s BIG CYBER HUG!!!!!

Please know that you have a lot of support here and up above. Lean not on your own understanding. Lots of Love!!!

Kriket
  12. MsE

MsE New Member

Thanks, Kriket. I'm now in the Seattle area and will see my daughter today
    God bless us, all of us, and all of you. MsE
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Praying it will be a good visit.

I pray you will have time to share, to talk, to show love to each other.

How hard this must be for you...

Hang in there. God is able.

Sue

Let us know how the visit goes. Our best to your daughter, too. Let her know people are praying if that will encourage her.
  14. MsE

MsE New Member

The visit with my daughter on Thursday was extremely difficult. She has never been a warm person, and this illness hasn't changed that.

So, whereas I wanted to hold her close to me, she pulled back. Whereas I wanted to share with her, she carefully avoided any personal discussion.

I tried to stay focused on her need, which was a need to maintain emotional control and distance, and realize this journey is her journey, not mine, and the chapter she is writing about it is her own. In other words, what I want doesn't count for a hill of beans right now.

But, oh how it hurt, my friends, to have my dying daughter pull away from me when I hugged her. All in all, my daughter was polite. That's it.
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

JUST CHECKING ON YOU TODAY. I AM SO SORRY THAT YOUR DAUGHTER IS NOT VERY TALKATIVE AND IS COLD FEELING. ALL YOU CAN DO IS BE THERE FOR HER AND KNOW THAT YOU HAVE DONE YOUR BEST TO BE THERE FOR HER. I KNOW THIS MUST HAVE BEEN HARD ON YOU. I AM THINKING OF YOU ALL. STAY SAFE WHILE ON YOUR VISIT.

LOVE KRIKET
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

...and your visit, although not what you really wanted, was important. Being there will bring time to talk...when she needs to.

I remember people used to schedule time to talk to their children..."From 6-6:30, we are going to talk..." and expect children to bare all at that time.

I found it didn't work. Unless there was a quantity of time, the important things didn't come out.

And, I think this is true with each of us. We need time. Your daughter is now facing the hardest thing in her life...just be there...that's what's needed.

I hope I don't sound preachy or like I'm minimizing your disappointment...I'm not. But, you are right; it is her journey.

My best to you and prayers for the ability to help her and to be able to say and do the things you need to do for her as her dear mother.

Blessing to you and your family.

Sue
  17. MsE

MsE New Member

I appreciate your notes. This morning I went to church, but started crying and couldn't quit. So I went home thinking, "Well Lord, you know I tried." Now I am giving myself the rest of this day to unwind and return to a more peaceful center.

In a few days, maybe a week, I'll go back over to the Seattle area where I am close to my girl if she wants me--and I pray she will. However, if she doesn't--well, with God's help I'll manage that, too.

As another of my children said; "We will just have to be here for each other if she doesn't want us to be here for her." Yes. And who knows? Perhaps, before the end, she'll understand that all of us love her and want her to know that before she journeys on.

Thank you for your notes.

18. MsE

MsE New Member

Prayers help! My sick daughter has started going to church with her fourteen year old son. Bit by bit she is beginning to reach out to various members of the family with whom she has been alienated for years. That includes me, her mom. Bless God! And bless you for your prayers. MsE
  19. fivesue

fivesue New Member

God is working and I am so happy for you and your family.

She is reaching out...and God is right there, waiting.

Praise God.

Sue
  20. MsE

MsE New Member

You said it, Sue! A bit at a time--a bit at a time all will be well. MsE