Please pray for my father.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Billie, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Billie

Billie New Member

I don't know if any of you remember that I posted on the regular board about my father getting a colonoscopy done and that he will be having surgery. The surgery isn't until next WED, but I thought I better get my request in early since this is Thursday.

I am a little nervous about the surgery and them finding it is cancerous and that it has spread. So, if you could all pray for the surgeons, that they would be thourough and look for anything and everything while they are there. I guess I didn't explain enough, he is having polyps removed from his colon and will have to have part of his bowel removed. Also taking the appendix while they are there and taking out his gall bladder because of big stones. He is 66 years old, so please pray for a quick recovery.

I am very proud of him, as they also found an ulcer of some kind on his esphogeus and asked him to quit chewing tobacco. He has quit for 2 weeks now. He also did that with drinking and smoking. So he is very stubborn and can do anything he sets his mind too. He used to work in a sawmill and injured his back there and lost 4 of his fingers on his right hand. He was also in a car accident when he was young and lost his sense of smell, was in a coma for 26 days and not expected to make it. He came out of it, but his family says he personality really changed. He has always had a bad temper and would yell at my sister and I all the time, so I do have some issues with him. However, I don't want him to suffer. I don't know why I am going on like this.

Anyway, I would appreciate your prayers. I will post a reminder next week. If you could also pray for me, I know the stress and long day will takes it's toll on me. We are going to leave my son with the in-laws, and my husband has most of the day off. Thanks again, and sorry it was so long. .....Billie
  2. misskitty

misskitty Member

I will keep your father in my thoughts and prayers

Hugs
    misskitty
  3. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Billie, My prayers will continue for your father as he has this procedure next Wed. I will pray for you too as I know it is a trying time for you as well. I pray it will go well for him and won't be anything serious.
    Love and prayers,
    Harmony
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Billy have prayed for your Dad and will continue to do so untill you let us know how he is. Also prayer for the doctors, and for the Lord to give you His strength through this whole affair.

God bless you and your whole family.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. SOULWRITER

SOULWRITER New Member

I DO NOT KNOW YOU BUT I WILL PRAY DEAR LORD WATCH OVER BILLIE DADS OPERATION AND BRING HIM TO A SPEEDY RECOVERY FORGIVE HIM FOR HIS WAYS AS HE PROBABLY DID ALL HE NEW AND LOVED HIS DAUGHTER VERY MUCH AMEN.

I SAW THAT YOU SAID YOU WHERE RAMBLING A BIT I HAVE A ODD RELATION WITH MY FATHER NOT ALWAYS A NICE MAN BUT MY FATHER ALL THE SAME I WORRY ABOUT HIS HEALTH OFTEN HE IS 65 EPHAZIMA AND STILL SMOKING SO MAYBE YOU COULD PRAY HED STOP I DO ALL THE TIME I KNOW YOUR DAD WILL BE FINE THE LORD WILL WATCH OVER HIM GODBLESS BILLIE SOULWRITER.
  6. Billie

Billie New Member

Hello everyone. I just found out my dad's surgery will be at 1:00p.m. tomorrow and is expected to last 1 1/2 hours. They said he will probably be in the hospital 3 or 4 days. I appreciate everyones responses and prayers, and will let you all know how it went. Thanks again.....Billie
  7. caring

caring New Member

Billie,
    I will remember you all in prayer and prayers especially for healing what is most needed to be healed.
    Special prayers at surgery time.

Thanks for asking for prayer is such a previledge to pray for people.

Pat
  8. Billie

Billie New Member

My dad got through his surgery just fine. The doctor said the polyp didn't look like it was cancerous, but they were going to check it to make sure. He didn't see any evidence of anything wrong. I am very tired, it was a long day, but I wanted to thank you all so very much for your prayers, they were heard.....Billie
  9. Harmony

Harmony New Member

That is great news, Billie! I'm sure you are tired so get lots of rest and have a good-night.
    Thank the Lord!
    Hugs,
    Harmony