Please Pray for my friend.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Hikagranma, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

Verla and I have been close friends for almost 70 years. When I say close - I mean in our hearts - as they have lived in California since 1955 - and I live in Wisconsin.

I had an e-mail from her son today telling me that she was hospitalized 2 days ago - for exhaustion, dehydration and Low BP. He asked for prayers.

She has been taking care of her husband, who has had Parkinson's for at least 12 years - and even though she has been able to have help come in daily - it still has been getting harder and harder for her.

I know that it is her wish to be able to care for Bob at home - as she recently wrote -'Having hin a 'Home' - would just tear us both apart'. They were married in 1966! I was her maid of honor.

Oh how I wish I could go to her - and give a big hug - but I live in Wisconsin.

Hikagranma [Marian]
  2. stilhere

stilhere New Member

I'm sorry you are hurting, I hurt just reading your post... It is terrible living so far away and feeling helpless not being able to physically help, but she knows she has your heart...and you know the Lord will do what is right, we all do, sometimes its so very hard for me to see it too, its easier to stress and worry sometimes then to wait on the Lord...but Prayers all ready went up for you and your friend and her husband.....

In
    Christ
    Jessica
  3. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I can appreciate the care Verla has given to Bob. My husband's grandmother had Parkinson's. Being a care giver is a tough job - especially if it's a loved one. Even though you can't be there with them, I'm sure your thoughts & prayers mean an awful lot to Verla. I've said a prayer for all of you.

By the way, where in Wi. are you from? We have a summer place up north in the Woodruff area.

Take care.....Kathi
  4. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

THank you for your prayers.
    I will send this on to them.

I live 1/2 block from Lake Michigan - and 70 mi. N of Milwaukee.

Marian
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be glad to pray for your friend, God bless her kind heart.

Please keep us updated on her condition.

God bless................

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

What a heartbreaking situation your friend is in and you not being able to go be with her. You`ll all be in my prayers this week.

Thought and prayers
    Sandyz