Please pray for my friends, and me, too

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Adl123, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear All,
    I have 5 friends who are out of work, now.

Two are disabled, and one of those is currently appealing his decision. Their car is breaking down and we live in the mountains, where cars are needed.

The other two are artists, who are having a hard time finding work. They have been supporting themselves by their art for many years. One is trying to get back into the collegiate area to teach, again.

The other is a home healthcare provider.

Please pray for them all. - also, please remember me in your prayers.

I am havng a hard time deciding what to do about my meditation group, which is as close as I can get to a church. Every time I go, I end up so depressed, I think because everyone is taking classes and progressing and I can't do that. Sometimes I don't even understand what they are saying. There has been a kind of "inner circle" created , of those who have taken seminars, and those of us who have't (2) are on the outside.

All this is unintentional on their part, but it is wearing on me. I dont want to be a spiritual butterfly, but I don't really know what to do.I've never reacted to any group in this way, before. When I joined, I didn't know that I was joining an organized group, and that I would have to take seminars in order to learn anything I couldn't get from a book. It is like a whole society.

I know I've posted about this before, but it is important to me, and I hate to let go, and be alone again. It's times like this when I wish I lived in a metropolitan area, again.

God bless,
    Terry
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I will help you pray about all of this.

God is there!

Love....Mari
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and his help and guidance in all your lives.

He is able.

Sue
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for your friends, and for your meditation group - for a place where you feel you belong!
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

for your responses. It is wonderful, the way you understand. You are right - I don't feel as if I belong. The group is composed of great people who treat me very well. I know the problem is mine, and not theirs.

Thank you all for your prayers, for myself and for my friends.
    Peace,
    Terry
  6. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear All.
    Well, after all my trying, I have left the meditation group. When I first started, I told the moderator that I was going to get an assistance dog, and that she would have to come in with me. She did not object, and gave me to understand that it would be fine. Well, after more than 2 years, I have the dog. Now the moderator has a real problem with my bringing her in.(Assistance dogs are supposed to be with their companion at all times) So, I just don't go anymore. This was a huge sorrow for me, but I can see how it is probbly for the best. I know everything happens for a reason.

As to my friends with the truck, they have broken up, as much as they can, when no one will move. She is in great fear, as he is very tall and big and intimidating. She is talking to Legal Aid to see if she can get some help. She still really needs prayers. She has no money and no place to go. She won't come to my place.

My artist friends have some work.

My healthcare provider friend has a job.

Thank you all for your prayers. You are wonderful!

Love,
    Terry
  7. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Praying for you and your friends, may God guide all to a place of understanding and peace. Blessings De
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Continued prayer for you and your friends.

With love, Mari
  9. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

God loves you. Prayers for comfort and guidance.
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for your friend especially, who has no place to go, and no money! She needs legal aid, or a shelter - some kind of support. It always worries me when someone is potentially violent.

I've lived with too much violence to doubt its reality.
    I would tell her to get out of there ASAP!

So sorry about your meditation class - you must be grieving that loss. I would like to pray that you find a new, interesting spiritual home! One where you feel you REALLY belong.

Lots of love and ((HUGS))
    Judy
  11. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Terry,
    Prayers for your friends and for you too.

I hope you will feel more comfortable with your meditation group. It is always hard to feel like an outsider.

Hugs,
    Faye