Please pray for my husband - again!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Oct 27, 2004.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I posted a couple of months ago asking for prayers that my husband would find a job. He has been retired for 2 yrs from a 32 yr career. He has been severely depressed because he missed the exciting job that he had for so long.

My life has been turned upside down since he retired. My routine has been destroyed by having a very large, very depressed, very noisy and messy guy around the house all the time!

I have been trying to be patient - to let go and let God - but it is so very hard! Finally it seems that something might be coming his way.

Please, please say a prayer that God will see fit to help him get this job. It appears to be the perfect job for him. Finally, finally, finally!!!

All prayers would be so much appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Pepper
  2. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord,

I ask that you help Pepper's husband get this job and relieve him of this depression.

In Jesus' name I pray,
    Della
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

and all others who are praying that my husband gets this job.

I feel comforted knowing that you are all there.
    Pepper
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying that your husband will be lead to the right job. I think it is harder on the men to be idle. I hope he can find something he can feel passionate about again.

Sandy
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

That is so true. Men NEED to work. Unfortunately I didn't figure that out until it was too late. I encouraged my husband to retire because I thought it would be good for him to get away from the stress and the long hours.

I also thought that he would have the time and energy for the things I need done around here. How wrong I was! He needs his job and he needs to feel needed at what he is best at.

From speaking to other wives of men who tried to retire and ended up going back to work, I realize that it is a very common occurrence. Now, if this job will just come through!

Pepper