please pray for my husband!!!!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by fullarmor, Oct 2, 2003.

1. fullarmor

fullarmor New Member

Can you all please pray for my husband? He's been a Christian since May, but it appears some demons are just so strong. He has started drinking again, and I'm beside myself. He didn't drink for over a year, and out of nowhere he started again. I thought it was going to be a one time thing, a short relapse, but he's drank 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I have FM, and right now the only thing keeping me going is the Lord. I feel like running away, but I also think about how much I love my husband, and I try to have faith that it will eventually work out and he'll stop for good. But I swear this waiting is just killing me mentally and physically. My emotions are nuts, going from despising him when he's drunk, to loving him so much when he's sober. I don't really want to leave, as then I feel like I'm giving Satan what he really wants. But this is tough. Please please pray for him. And for strength for me. I can't imagine if I had to go thru this without the Lord. Praise God that He always comforts me when I need it. Thanks all!
    In Christ,
    fullarmor
  2. JuteJute

JuteJute New Member

Fullarmor,
    I am so sorry that you are going through this,
    Having FMS is hard enough to deal with both physically and mentally.
    I have FMS also, And I could not imagine going through what you are going through.
    I will pray for you and your husband.

Love and Prayers,
    Judy
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying for your husband as you requested.

Blessings,
    Sandyz
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be praying that the Lord takes control of your husband again, and keeps him where he should be, and not near liquor!

The devil hates when he loses on of what he thinks is his own, and will tempt them so badly. I ask the Lord Chirst Jesus to rebuke satan from your husband's life, right now.

This truly sadens me to hear of those who are tempted with liquor, as I just went to a funeral for a young man, just turned 50 who drank himself to death! It was so terribly sad to see a young life gone because of liquor. My heart is still so sore for him, and yes, he was a christian too.

I will surely keep your husband, and you in my prayers till we hear he again has over come this terrible disease, as that is what it is.

Praying for your strength and faith to see him through this once again, this time with the help of the Lord he will quit and turn his life over to the Lord completely.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Hi,
    My husband is a recovering drug addict and alcoholic, he hasn't had a drink, or drugs for several years, but everyday the thought weighs on my mind how will I cope if he ever uses either again?( he was violent when he drank).
    So, my Dear friend I feel your pain and I ask God to take you by the hand and give you comfort right now, that he will see you and your husband through this, and give your husband strength to travel the right road back to God.
    I too have FM/CFIDS, and will pray for you and your illness.
    Love and hugs
    Doxygirl