Please pray for my lost dog...update---COOKIES HOME!!!!!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Debra49659, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

She was out for a walk with my eldest daughter and she slipped her collar. We adopted her from the shelter and can only guess that she was abused, she is sooooo people shy.

Please pray for her safety and that she can find her way home to her loving family.

I am so worried.

Thanks and Blessings to you all!
    Deb
    [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2009]
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I will!

Rafiki
  3. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Sorry, hope you find her. Prayers being sent your way.

vivian
  4. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Prayers that your doggie finds his way home safe and sound. Jeanne
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Carrying around a piece of paper with her name on it - to remind me.

Praying that she will come home - or someone will call a shelter to report her.

Will keep praying until she is found!
  6. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

best of luck- i am hoping you find your sweet dog. dont forget to call all the shelters in your area and go there and check in case she was picked up as a stray. put up flyers too in area she was lost?????

good luck good luck good luck
    bm2
  7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I'm so sorry this happened. I read a hint a while back on trying to locate lost animals. If you or another person in the home sings a particular song a lot around the home, then walk the streets with them singing the same song because the animal recognizes that and although may not come to his/her name with all the stress, hearing the song sung by the person is so familiar, it sometimes draws them out.
  8. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

A good friend of the family saw Cookie today and was even close enough for her to eat some treats she dropped close to her....Cookie wouldn't come close enough to catch.

I will hit the area again tomorrow....I will talk to her as I fall asleep tonight, I hope she will hear me in her dreams.

Thank you, thank you, thank you....and as I thank God for keeping her safe this long and I ask for him to smile upon each of you for all your prayers.

Keep praying and I'll let you all know how tomorrow goes!
    Deb
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2009]
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

Was this in your neighborhood - where your friend saw Cookie? Or a different area?

Still praying for that sweet dog to get 'unlost', be found, or come home!

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Do you mind if I say a little prayer?

Dear Lord, thank you for your love of Cookie - please calm her anxieties and confusion, and guide her to come closer to Deb's friend, or help Deb connect with her tomorrow. Amen
  10. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Praying for your dog. I used to rescue and foster dogs. I am so happy to hear that you got Cookie from a shelter. Ahh, treats, one of the best ways to win the heart of a dog. If she's been out alone for a while, she will be hungry. Tell all that are helping you look, to take a lot of treats with them. Praying for her saftey in the meantime. Love, Cynthia
  11. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

We live in a very rural area, so she has been seen within a 2 mile radius of us. My friend Heidi also left a bowl of food at the snow mobile trail head---which is were she last saw her.

I went this morning about 10am, and am leaving now to look again before my FM support meeting. And, then again on the way home.

Blessing!
    Deb
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for dear Cookie today.

Lord, please have Deb and Cookie meet. We know as you said, that you care for even the smallest sparrows. Thank you for your love for Cookie! Please bless and guide Deb, and family and friends. In Your Holy Name. Amen.
  13. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

still could find Cookie...but I haven't given up hope. I guess I have to being in the right place at the right time.

Thank you my friends for the continued prayers

Hugs,
    Deb

14. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

of prayers and hugs for you & your family. Cookie--go home your family needs you!
  15. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

St Francis, the patron saint of animals, surely looks after Cookie.

I hope and pray it is Cookie's destiny to come home to you and not go to another family who may need her love.

I can't imagine the anguish I would feel if my wee dog were lost. I look every day for news of Cookie.

Peace,
    Rafiki

16. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Lucky she is a husky mix...I know God has outfitted her for the snow:) I haven't been up there yet this morning, I am heading out shortly though. I'll update you all later this evening.

You are all so amazing...as are all the people here watching for her! My God bless each and everyone of you all!

With much love,
    Deb
  17. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I can't look anymore it is getting dark....the kids are on Spring Break this week so my family will be around all week to help.

I am depressed today....I really want to find her.

Blessings,
    deb
  18. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm so sorry. I keep coming here in hope that the news is good. The fact that she has been seen so recently is so hopeful. I can't help but feel that she is close by, somewhere.

I don't know what to say.

I'm so sorry.

Rafiki
  19. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

and talk to her each night....asking for her to trust the people who want to help her find her way back to us. I ask her to watch for me when I am out there...calling for her. With a bag of treats that I would gladly feed to her one by one till they are gone.

I am trying to remain hopeful...I am so scared that I wont get her back home.

Thank you all for all your prayers!

Blessings,
    Deb
  20. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

what a trial. I would feel so scared and helpless - so painful.

Can't imagine!

Don't know what to say.
    Peace,
    Rafiki