Please pray for my mom

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Feb 13, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

This has been a rough year. I don't mean to whine, but I had to have a complete hysterectomy in June that made me very sick and two months after my surgery, my dad passed away. Now my mom's in the hospital with a urinary tract infection and pancreatitis or something, she is 85. On top of that, my husband might need back surgery. I have had to start taking lorazepam and feel frustrated having to take that all the time at bed time. Please pray for my mom. I want her to make a recovery, but ever since my dad died in August, and they were separated too, she has been going down hill.

GBHope
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Praying for all of you especially your mom as she is so ill right now. AND..YOU! All of these things you have to deal with along with your own illness. Please take care of yourself and remember that it's not whining to tell people what's going on and ask for prayer.

Hugs,
    Sue
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I'm just sitting here patiently waiting to hear from my brother. I E-mailed him and asked him to please let me know how my mom is doing later today. They are out in California. Both my mom and my dad that passed away are out there and I'm not well enough to even think about traveling out there. I used to be so strong. Now I feel so weak because my nerves are so bad that I have to take a lorazepam just to sleep. I never used to be like this.

GBHope
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

and your husband and hoping you will feel better too. You have had a rough year and I'm so sorry you have that on your shoulders.

Many prayers and hugs,
    Faye
  5. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

You are in my prayers. My dad passed away in September so I know how difficult that is, and you've had so much more to deal with in addition to that. I'm so sorry you're feeling bad and I will be praying for your mom, and for your whole family.

Blessings to you,
    Kat
  6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

It's really hard because my daughter, bless her heart, is to absorbed and young with her own problems to care enough about mine. She is 21 with two small babies and her life is a mess and she is always trying to run to me and I have to keep telling her there is nothing I can do because she will just drain me. I do love her so much though and am worried about her too. She also has CFIDS and fibro which is getting worse. She won't go to the doctor like she needs. When she had CMV mono which started this, her spleen was enlarged and I think it may be again and today she told me she had a lump under her arm. She has a bad tooth too. I just keep on trying to worry about myself, as she just seems to want to self-destruct and keeps putting herself in a bad situation. She is in a bad relationship.

My husband on the other hand tells me I'm to focused on my illness and I can't talk to him like I need to and he is extremely negative about life in general and we need positive things around us. Don't get me wrong, I love him to more than anything, but it is just really hard. I was on here the other day and he made the comment that I was sure on here a lot. I usually check it a few times a day, but don't sit here for more than a couple minutes.

I don't really have friends, I'm to sick to get out and socialize.

My son is only 16, so you can't expect a lot out of him, but he's a good kid and helps when I REALLY need him.

So that is why I really appreciate all your support and thank you for reiterating that I'm not whining because I'm really not trying to. I just feel very overwhelmed and am tired of everyone draining me and depending on me. I'm tired of having to be in charge of everything when I'm so sick all these years. I want someone to take care of me, but that's not gonna happen, LOL. My husband's health is just as bad as mine. He has a lot of the same syndrome and does not take care of himself. He has a very hard time working too.

Well, enough dumping on everyone. Thank you for listening.

GBHope
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

what a terrible time you have been having I pray that things will be OK for your mom. She is getting on in years for sure and I know that we all have to steal ourselves for that day....

Be good to yourself and just do ewhat you are able to.

MY DH takes Lorazepam which in some states is a narcotic but not others(weird isn't it) he likes it a lot, takes 0.5mg three times a day, really low dose. The only problem with lorazepam is that one tends to crest up and drift down as it has a very short half life in the body. You may want to consider a more long acting med like Welbutrin.

Just a though.
    Love Anne
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

That is why I like the lorazepam because I don't feel hung over the next day to much on it. It's the first one I've tried that has worked that way for me. I am trying to pamper myself, just sitting around today resting. Thanks again.

GBHope