Please pray for my mom!!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Debgene56, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

My crazy life just went upside down and inside out, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. My mom is having a biopsy on her lung on monday. She has a 8 cm tumor on her lung and 2 plus cm lymph nodes in her chest and they think a damaged vocal cords.

I am so shaken. I cried for the first time tonight in a very long time. But now I have to stay strong for my mom. It dose not look good, and I am so scared.

My parents have lived in Florida for many years and come to Maine from may thru October. I live in Ma, and go to Maine several times while they are here. This could be the last year with my mom, she is 74.

I don't know what I am looking for, I am so confused and sort of numb but knowing that you are there puts me a ease a tiny bit.

Please help me pray and if you have any advice it will be most welcomed. I can't loose my mom. I am fighting back the tears and feel like I am six years old again. I really don't like this, but on the other hand I thought my range of emotion was dying, wrong, it's there, was just buried. How do you begin to get ready to think about the possibility to say goodbye to ones mom?

Love, Deb
  2. stilhere

stilhere New Member

Hi Deb, my name is Jessica...I'm sorry your mom is so sick, its an awful time for her and for you....when I read your post I stopped and prayed for strength for you...its very difficult, you see I'm the youngest of 6 children, (I'm 38, I tell everyone I'm the oldest baby you'll ever meet, my family still treats me like one)and my mom died of kidney failure back in 3-11-87 and its awful. I've learned over the years that one never gets over it....you just learn how to deal with it....I was close to my mom, (I'm going to cry)..she was my world...she died of kidney failure, we knew that she was sick, but we just wouldn't accept that she was going to die....I was 22 when she died, and my family and I instead of getting closer we grew apart....I know this won't happen to you, but I fell into alcoholism for some years, I'm happy to say that I've been sober since 1994 and my family and I with this disease that I have (Lupus, Scleroderma and now the Lupus is affecting my kidneys) got closer....
  3. LynneH

LynneH New Member

I've just said a prayer for you and your mother. I know it's such a hard thing to go through, but God will give you the stregnth you need...even when you think you have none.
    Try not to think of what may or may not happen...just be in the present and be there for your mom.
    I lost my mother when I was 21 (27 yrs ago!) and I still miss her. You never really say good bye.
    Love, LynneH
  4. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

Count me in on the prayer chain for you and your momma. We'll pray that it is something that they can treat easily and quickly. We're not going to think about your losing your Mother, just about getting her well. O.K.? Medicine has come such a long way! We've just got to keep lifting you both up in prayer.

Love and cyber hugs, Granny
  5. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

it meant so much to me to read your replies. I would of written back sooner, but computer has been freezing up for days now.

I drove to florida with my sister to be with my mom. We drove 19 hours in one day, I ache so bad!!!!! We will be here for a week. She seems relieved that were here with her and she is staying very positive. Tomorrow is her biopsy. Thank you so much for your prayers.

Love, Deb
  6. stilhere

stilhere New Member

just wanted to check in to see how you and your mom are doing....been thinking of you both, God Bless