Please pray for my Mominlaw - Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My mother-in-law went in for her 6 month check up a week ago and they sent her to the hospital for a blood transfusion. They said her blood count (? or is it blood volume?) was 8 and it should have been 14.

She went to a surgeon yesterday for a colonoscopy and they found a mass in her upper colon. My DH when with her and didn't ask things like where exactly it was or how big.

They took a biopsy, she has blood work this morning, a CAT scan on Tuesday, and back to the surgeon for results next Thursday.

The mass has to come out whether it is cancer or not because it is causing the bleeding.

Mom is 81 and quite fragile. It seems like she has aged 10 years in the last 12 months. I am afraid that she will never get to live at home again after this surgery.

Please pray it isn't cancer, pray for guidance for the surgeon, and pray for a complete recovery from the surgery.

Thanks
    Greenbean
    [This Message was Edited on 04/25/2006]
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Greenbean,
    Know that people are praying, and trust God to give you and your family the strength to cope. I pray it's not cancer!

Hugs!
    K.
  3. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Pray for her and your family.

Hugs
    Tracy