Please pray for my nephew......

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kar1953, Jun 23, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I would be very grateful to any who can say a prayer for my nephew. He just got out of prison after being there for a little over 4 years. He grew from a boy to a man & we all missed it! How sad.

He needs your prayers for guidance from the Lord. I have already prayed many times that the Lord please guide him & give him the wisdon to make the right decisions this time around & keep him safe & out of trouble. He is the kindest, most polite, loving young man you'd want to meet & I love him so much.

He just made a bad decision & it has cost him dearly.

Thanks to all who can say a prayer for him.

Take care........Kathi
  2. stilhere

stilhere New Member

Prayer just went up for him. I know I come from a big extended family so I've seen first hand also about wrong decisions...I pray for guidance for him....

In Christ
    Jessica
  3. psalmlady

psalmlady New Member

I too will be calling out his name to the Lord ( God knows his name) - Sounds like a fine young man!
    I know you are concerned but friend, your faith will shine on the lives of those around you.

I have two nephews that I love so very much, so I can understand your concern. I hear your heart sister
    and I AM praying!

God bless!
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be very glad to pray for your nephew, I raised two son's, its not hard for them to get in trouble these days, too much evil in the world.

You take care, and I know you have a lot of catching up to do with your precious nephew.

God bless you and your family too.

Shalom, Shirl

5. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Thanks to all of you for your prayers. As I read your responses, the tears are rolling down my face, I am so moved.

Shirl, you're right, we do have a lot of catching up to do. Tomorrow I'm going to spend time with him. He lives w/my mom & dad & they are going to our church mission in Kentucky to deliver supplies so I thought it'd be a great time for he & I to have some time together. We're going to get him set up on the net.

We were so close when he was little. I would like to get that closeness back. It will take some time after not seeing him for over 4 years. He still hugs & kisses me goodbye so I guess we're not so far apart after all.

I have found such comfort on this board. It is so wonderful to ask for prayer & people who don't know me from Adam are so full of the Holy Spirit & so willing to help others through their prayers. I can't tell you how much that means to me.

Thank you all again.....Kathi
  6. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

I can understand what you are feeling for your nephew. I have a very large family, and most of my cousins(about 14 of them) have all been in and out of prison most of their lives. I can feel the difference for your situation as he sounds like a wonderful person who just made a mistake. I will pray that he can learn from this and to not make the same mistake again.....to have learned what it is to be a responsible, thoughtful person. I know with you there to help guide him, he will flourish!! He is very blessed to have an aunt like you. Enjoy your day with him....I'll be praying!

Blessings,
    ~Tina~
  7. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

for your prayers. He is a wonderful, thoughtful guy. He would do anythig for anyone in the family without thought of what's in it for him.

I did enjoy my day with him. We talked alot & got him familiar with the net. Last night I got 2 emails from him so I guess he's got the hang of it. They did not have access to comupters in prison so he's just learning. I am going to spend time with him on Friday also.

He has such artistic potential. So I thought I'd take my art supplies in & maybe we can do something together. I used to send him pics of whatever I was painting while he was in prison. I remember one mother's day he made grandma a beautiful card with the most perfectly drawn red rose I've even seen. She cherishes that card.

Guess it's time to go outside & do something before it get too hot. 90's today.

Take care.......Kathi
  8. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Lifting up your nephew..Prayers going up..Blessings come down....Be blessed