Please pray for my Papa

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by eeyoreblue02, Sep 4, 2006.

1. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Many of you have already been praying for my Papa. I appreciate that so much.

The time is near for him to go home to be with the Lord. The cancer has taken over his body and he is deteriorating.

I was with him tonight and he hardly talked at all. He has almost quit eating. Hospice has been coming for about three weeks now.

I am selfish in that I do not want to lose him. I love him enough that I know I have to let him go. I know that as a Christian I will see him again.

Please say a prayer for him and for the rest of us who are grieving. His body is so frail, but his mind is sharp. He says his prayers often and tonight I heard him mention my name in his prayer. I can't quit crying.

My husband has gone back to Papa's house because he is afraid that this will be the last time he sees him alive. He will spend the night there.

I'm sorry for rambling. Please pray for us.

Thank you,

Linda
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Letting go must be so hard for you. But bask in the knowledge that your father knows you love him. Not all are that fortunate.

I ask God to transition smoothly, to hold in his hand this loving family. Heavenly Father please carry Linda right now. Blessings for all.
  3. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dear Linda,

I am so sorry for all you have to endure when losing a loved one. Such a hard time when you have to watch a loved one suffer like that.

I pray that Papa will go home with the angels to be with God and that he will be free of his pain. I pray that his family and friends may feel at peace knowing Papa is happy in the arms of God and is suffering no more

God Bless you

Hugs

Kgangel
  4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Thank you. I always cry when I read the messages where someone is praying for us.

Papa is hanging on. I'm not sure if he is just stubborn or what! He is hoping to see one of his grandchildren again before he dies and we are trying to get him to hurry to see Papa. He is currently a long way from home due to his job.

In Christ,

Linda