Please pray for my sister and relatives in Fort Myers area

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Yesh, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Yesh

Yesh New Member

My sister and her family along with some my aunts and uncles live in the Fort Myers area where hurrcane Charlie hit today; I have not been able to get in touch with them to see if they are OK.

Last night they did not seem to be too worried about the hurricane because it was suppose to hit further up the cost, so I don't know if they left the area.

Thanks

God Bless

Yesh
  2. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that you have relatives that live in Fort Myers, I will certainly be praying for all of them. When you hear from them, please update us.

Blessings, Judy
  3. dash

dash New Member

I will praying for the saftey of your family members in Florida and that they can get in touch with you soon.

God bless,
    Della
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending up prayers for your family in Florida. I hope you hear from them soon and everyone is alright. Let us know when you find out some news about them.

Take care,
    Sandy
  5. PrayerWarrior316

Have you heard anything from your family? I hope they are all ok.

I'm continuing to pray for them.

Blessings, Judy
  6. Yesh

Yesh New Member

My family is OK. I have not been able to get a hold of my sister, but she used a friends phone to call my dad to let him know everyone was OK. All my relatives received some dammage to their houses, but the houses were not destroyed.

Thank you for praying for my relatives

God Bless

Yesh
  7. PrayerWarrior316

Praising The Lord for answered prayers, I'm so glad that your family is OK.

Blessings, Judy
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am in Ft. Myers not far from the water and we fared much, much better than Punta Gorda and the barrier islands just offshore.

It was very scary and we were very lucky, but all in all, we did OK here.

My prayers go out to those up in Punta Gorda who are homeless, with no power or A/C in the 90-plus degree heat, no phones, and no water, ice, and food. FEMA is helping them find shelter, but it is truly heartbreaking to see them on TV.

There were 20 deaths which, tragic as that is, falls far below what one would expect considering the devastation up there.

I always tell my kids that when a storm is near, not to worry if they don't hear from me for a week or so. I wore a fanny pack with money, my gun, next of kin info, my living will, and my medical power of atty. When someone is killed or injured, emergency workers will notify the next of kin if they have the info.

Love, Mikie