Please Pray for my Son

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

We are facing more problems with my son's seizures.

He used to only have complex partail seizures (he would stare into space and seem to been daydreaming).

Well the other day in school the teachers witnessed him having a Grand mal seizure, I was hoping that he would never have one of those as I know what they are like b/c I had them from about 3yrs old until about 10yrs ago.

What has really mad me mad is I called his neurologist and told them about it and they can't see him until March 22nd!

His pediatricain is trying to get him into Children's Hospital in Dallas to see a neurologist there.

Also the bad thing about all this is my son was getting equestrian therapy and they are unable to continue the therapy b/c of the danger in him having a Grand Mal seizure while on the horse.

The equestrain therapy has helped him so much with fine and gross motor skills and also it has helped him have more self esteem, I am just woried that he will regress with not riding for a year although I do understand for safety reasons why he can not continue.

Just pray for us that we can get these seizures under control so he can get back to being his normal self and not be worried about the next time he has a seizure.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers. Pamela
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I was 21. I had testing at the brain
    institute here in Phoenix and they thought it might be epilepsy but wasn't. They didn't find a reason and said I'd probably outgrow them. It may have been anxiety because I was a really anxious kid. I had one more at
    age 31 and scared the bejeebers out of my husband. I had told him what they were like and how to deal with it but he said it was almost impossible to keep my head from hitting the floor. I was always out for about 5 minutes, eyes rolled up,
    unconcious and would always call for
    my mother though I didn't know it.

I'm about to be 58 on the 13th of March and haven't had another one all these years. I hope they help your son..but if they can't find a cause
    at least they have a lot more meds and things now to help. It might be allergy related too. I haven't read
    your profile so if you already know the cause excuse me for suggesting all this. I just thought it might help if you don't have a cause yet.

Our prayers will be with you, I know how scarey it is!!
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I am somewhat at a loss for words but wanted you to know someone was thinking of you both...

My husband has epilepsy and it has been a long, hard road...He has grand mal seizures when they come and it seems the older he gets, the more it takes for him to recover...

One of my boys (labs) also had epilepsy and we lost him last April...Needless to say, my life is somewhat consumed by this 'monster'...

If I could give you any advice...Please look into the foods he has been eating, especially the night prior to this first grand mal seizure...May have been MSG induced...Or some other chemical...My husband and 'son' were affected by many preservatives...Even jelly from a jar has pectin which caused my husband to have a severe seizure, one where I almost lost him, if not for my 3 boys who barked and clawed the window until I heard them...

It's hard to go through and I hope you get answers soon...I know the stress, worry and anxiety that goes along with this and I have to say, I wouldn't wish for anyone to go through what I have...FMS and all my other problems are nothing compared to the last 20 years of trying to manage with this in our lives...

Let us know how he is doing...I will check back periodically...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

What meds. do they have him on and has he had his levels checked lately?

My daughter has seizures.She has only had complex partial seizures.She takes carbatrol.It has worked well for her.

Maybe the neurologist will atleast call in an order to a lab to have his levels checked.We have a standing order at a lab in our area that will check her labs when we feel needed.

I sure hope this gets taken care of soon.I know how much riding that horse means to him.It is very good therapy and a great way to develop motor skills.My daughter tried it but it didn't seem to be what she wanted.

Best of luck and I will pray for you both.
    Sheila
  5. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Thanks so very much for you words of comfort, thoughts and prayers.

I hope we will get all this resovled soon and I will keep all of you updated.

Thanks again Pamela