Please pray for my son

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SPR30, Jul 10, 2006.

1. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

My husband and I are struggling withour 12 year old son. He has hurt and anger in his heart and we are at our wit's end so much of the time. Seems couseling hasn't helped and hospitals and group programs won't help for different reasons yet he has been in crisis more than once. We are trying to get dr to help and see if he has any imbalance or anything that can be helped with meds.

Seems here in Florida kids must commit a crime before they get help......it is a sad, sad situation...we need your prayers and God's guidance.

We don't want to give up on him, but he is in need of help.
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

I will be praying for all of you.

kriket
  3. jole

jole Member

SPR30
    God bless you and your son. I don't know what the situation is, but we have been in some very tough ones with our nephew and now grandson. Believe me, they are worth the effort, and I know YOU know that, but it's hard to understand why the government preaches help for these kids, yet there is none to be found.

Is it more mental or physical? Or both overlapping? My nephew had Tourettes Syndrome so bad he finally took his life at 14. My grandson is very, very ADHD and without insurance they cannot afford the medication or help he needs so desperately.

I wish you the very best, and lots of prayers sent up for you and your son.

Friends -
    Jole
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Do you know why he is angry? Have you taken him in for a dx anywhere. He could have some chemical imbalance going on.
    How is his diet. Is he getting enough balance with Omega 3 as too much Omega 6 can cause anger in kids.

What does the school district think? They do have special classes for kids with behavior issues.

Please call your local Mental Health program and see what they have to offer. Also, it could be that he could use some respite care while you all get breathing space. You can ask for this via Family and Children's. Could your church help?

Is he physically abusive? Does he have friends? Could he have Aspergers?

Please try and get outside help if it is getting out of control. As foster parents we took several children who were angry at home and worked with them and the parents to remedy the situation. Help can work.

Love Anne Cromwell
  5. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I meant to post this ont he Worship board...anyway, I appreciate the help.
    All the upset on the boards lately had me confused....thanks.
    I have no idea what I missed, but there are some strange posts.
  6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I have a grandson who is having problems also. He's a really great kid, but for some reason seems to acting out. It is hard on him and everyone around him. Praying that God's will be done.
  7. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

I went through alot with my one daughter and found out alot of it had to do with my DD,she wouldn't come right and say anything for years but she did one day in a fit of rage and I mean RAGE.
    After she calmed down she told me how much my fibro hurt her because she felt like she was letting me down because there was nothing she could do to fix things.
    I explained to her that this is a test that god gave for a reason and that we all have a purpose here and although we're not the normal family we could be just as good if we all hold on to each other.
    She is now a very happy 27 year old younglady.
    I will pray for you.
    Good luck and hugs,
    Mary
  8. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

9. BethM

BethM New Member

sending prayers and hugs...

Peace,
    Beth.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Worrying about our children is such a heartache. I pray for all of you and especially this child who needs help.

Yes, FL doesn't seem to think mental health is important. We have a lot of money down here from all the tourism, so much, in fact, that we pay no state income tax. Seems that the money is used just to keep up with all the growth and along the way, basic services go by the by. Of course, politics down here is totally driven by developers so it doesn't come as a surprise that our money goes to new development. But, I digress...

I keep you, your son, and your family in my prayers.

God bless you.

Love, Mikie

11. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

I will add your son and your family on my prayer list. It sounds like he may have some problems and needs alot of support and help - God will guide him through and you.

Bless
    Janet
  12. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

You have no idea how much it helps that you all understand.
    My son's test scores show him at a level of 11-12 grade or higher is many subjects, this has been him...very intelligent....not athletic....doesn't quite fit in with kids his age,but can get along well with older people.

My being ill upsets him and he has misplaced anger.
    I believe that some of the most intelligent minds are the most troubled.
    His IQ is nearly gifted,mine is above gifted and my husband's is nearly gifted too.
    We try and try to get people to help or listen, but so far, they cannot label him as deficient or anything that will help.
    Schools, don't get me started. They do nothing, even though he was enrolled in a prgram that was supposed to HELP..thye don't and won't.....We are moving. Hopefully new friends adn better school will help if we can get a dr or someone to help. He has appt for bloodwork tomorrow and a dr that is supposed to (know how to)help is seeing him in a month.
    (He broke reading achievement records in his elementary school and has forever changed their reading program.
    He is in the 98% percentile nationally![This Message was Edited on 07/11/2006]
  13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Bless you for working so hard to find an answer to son's issues. So many parents assume a child will 'outgrow' their problems and therefore do not intervene. You, on the other hand, are working to provide your son with the support he needs to live a good quality of life.

God bless you,

Anne Theresa
  14. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

SPR30,

I am sending you prayer to find an answer to your sons issues. You have a very gifted child, I can tell you are so very proud of his achievements. I know you love him dearly (I can tell by your words) I know you will not give up on him...

It is such a difficult world we live in now for our young people. It seems there are just so many ways our children can get lost, hurt and suffer.

I work with many troubled children, in a Special Ed. setting. Many of these are very bright, they just have handicaps that are not seen. (emotional problems and other)
    You home school your child? You do this through a school program, don't you? Go to the main district, they should find a way to help, have your child tested by a School Psychologist. It is worth a try these people are trained to spot problems in learning, also emotional issues.

It is so worth a try, at least maybe you could get a recommendation to see someone that can help...

I pray you find answers..

Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 07/11/2006]
  15. findmind

findmind New Member

Such a blessing, a gifted child; well, with his parents, no wonder!

I was just thinking, what would I do? I came up with a few things maybe you could try:

Call United Way, ask for emergency care for gifted child with anger;

Try to find another smart older teen or young adult male to mentor him (make sure he belongs to an org. that has checked him out);

Get him a "Big Brother" who has some of his same interests;

Google "help for gifted kids";

Have you asked him point blank what he feels about his life, you and dad? My 9 y.o. grandson loves me to ask him questions and write down the answers.
    It seems to allay fears he has about me and his mom and dad.

Bless you for sharing this with us, we will be praying for all of you.

findmind
  16. JLH

JLH New Member

I will most definitely pray for your son as well and you and your spouse.

Sometimes, medical intervention (with medications) is needed, even in children.

How far are you from the Flordia border? Is it too far to drive him out of state to see a doctor and be treated?

I am happy to hear that you're not giving up on him.

I'll pray for God's help.

Love,
    Janet