Please pray for my son

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Nanie46, May 26, 2007.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I ask for your prayers for my son, Andrew, age 21, who decided to join the Army Reserve in April. We tried to talk him out of it due to the war, but he had his mind made up and there was nothing we could do to stop him. He is currently at basic combat training in S.C. and doing well there. He was named Soldier of the Cycle. He was chosen out of 99 soldiers for demonstrating knowledge, good attitude and leadership. I ask that you pray for his safety and for peace...so that he never has to go into a war zone.
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending prayers up for Andrew. Praying that God and his angels will protect him and keep him safe. I am praying for you too, this has got to be an extremely stressful time.

Take care,
    Sandy
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

My son's name is also Andrew. I pray for his safety, and that he never leave US shores. I pray that our military people come home soon, with not one more name on a list of names causing horror to their families. No more loss of lives. I pray for your Andrew.
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I can only imagine your fear and worry about your son, Nanie. I will pray that this war is over soon and that Andrew never has to go to the Middle East.

This is obviously something he loves and is good at so that must give you very mixed feelings about his joining up. My mother's heart aches for you.

Love, Pepper
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thank you all so much for your prayers for Andrew. It is comforting to know that others are praying for him too...and for peace. God Bless all of you.
  6. 143alan

143alan New Member

I know so many men and women serving our country right now and my heart and prayers are with them all. I will certainly include Andrew in my prayers and I thank him for his service to protect our freedom.

I thank you for your sacrifice as well.

Thanks
    Nancy
  7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thank you all again for your prayers. I appreciate it so much!