Please Pray For Our 18 y/o Son

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ksp56, Jul 8, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am asking for prayers for our son, Kevin.

He is a wonderful, sensitive young man, WHEN, he is not drinking and acting out.

There is alcoholism on both sides our families. He has taken substance abuse classes, been in a detention center for a night, family counseling, etc.

The last few years have been very rough. I know he is in emotional pain, and has anger issues. He won't talk about any of those. Keeps them to himself.

We cannot force him to do anything. However, he was kicked out of our home, last night. Due to coming home mid-afternoon, drunk. Driving and putting others in harms way, along with himself. He walked out, with no car. Nothing from us. He came home last night. We are readying ourselves to try for a civil conversation, once again.

Thirty years ago my 19 y/o brother, also named Kevin was killed in an accident when his best was drinking and driving. I don't want this to repeat itself.

We've all prayed for years, that something would change. That he would feel God's presence and be accountable. He loves God, but certainly hasn't lived his life in a way to be proud of, many times. Not since his freshman year.

Tough love will be the action taken if this continues. He has been told to leave, several times.

Please pray for Kevin. That he feels God's healing ways and love.

Thank you so very much..

God Bless,

Kim

2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

My heart goes out to you. It brought back so many terrible memories of our times with our son. Your son sounds like he is going through what our son did.

Kim, I am going to help you pray and believe that Kevin will make a turn around. Yes...it will happen! Don't give up. I feel like you did the right thing about taking the car. That is exactly what we did. We COULDN'T be responsible for allowing him to drink and drive. Tough love is the very best thing that you can do. It will force him to become more responsible. It isn't easy...but don't give in!
    I am asking God to undertake for you....in Jesus Name I pray!

Love....Mari
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I will keep your son, Kevin, in my prayers today. I am former teacher, and I've seen a lot of adolescents and twenty-somethings go through rough times like these, with drugs, alcohol, and attitude.

I've seen a lot of them make it through and mellow as the years pass. There's a kind of maturity that some young poeple just can't grasp yet but will in years to come. But It's got be extremely frustrating for you right now.

We will pray for you and your son.

Ken
    [This Message was Edited on 07/08/2006]
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I offer up my prayers for your son. I rather wish he could be like Ebeneezer Scrooge..... and see himself in Christmas past, present and future. Such a sad situation and waste of youth.
    I know probably most of us here would not mind being young again, as long as we possessed the knowledge that we now have, along with a healthier body.
    Prayers for Kevin...... and for you and your family. for all those of us who have stood at a window watching and waiting.... we are offering prayers dear.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/10/2006]
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your son and his alcoholism. Sometimes you have to practice tough love and let them get on with their life and make their own choices.

As long as your son knows he can come back home he will continue with the same behavior.

Kim, I'll surely pray for your son, Kevin. He surely needs many prayers.

Hugs & prayers,
    Faye
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

that they can trult see the repurcusions that teir drinking could have.Help them realize what they are doing to themselves.Linda
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Your prayers and support bring tears to my eyes. God is good, even in very difficult situations..

We have written a contract for Kevin to sign, only, if he agrees to abide by it. If not, he will be told to leave, with nothing but his clothing. He has said he will sign and follow our wishes. However, we have heard this many times. I pray this is different.

Kevin is to start school, in Orlando, FL in the fall. We live in Indiana. He wants to become a marine mechanic. We have told him we will see how all goes from now until Sept/Oct.

If he does go, and does not do well; all support will be yanked. He is on his own down there also. I keep praying this will be something he wants enough, to think and take stock of his life and turn to God.

For now we will take life one day at a time. Praying that Kev will be watched over and let himself feel God's never ending love.

My prayers for all of you, also. God has graced me with all of you. He graces you with the love and support that you all give to other's in pain. I know that there is a very special place in heaven, for you all.

Thank you again.

God love and watch over you.

Love,

Kim

8. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Kim

I have said a prayer for you and Kevin and your family

May God Bless you all

I have a 16 y/o that has started using marijuanna. I am not sure, but think that is all he has done. I have had to keep him away from friends that he wants to be with, but I pray for him too that things will not get worse.

hugs
    kgangel