please pray for safety

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, Oct 1, 2008.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I'm having problems praying tonight

please could you pray that this methodone doe's not hurt me, I really feel like i can't breath on this stuff.

and if I go off the methodone, I will go into withdrawel from being takin off all the pain med's so fast.
    and that is so horrible, been doing that and ended up in the hosptial and meth is what they gave me to help me.

and if I stop taking it I will be in horrible untolerable pain.

also I will be having to drive my self to the clinic fri through sunday when my husband is working.

which will be hard for me to do as this stuff make's me feel so dizzy.

it causes me to have panic attack's and it also gives me instant nightmare's as soon as I fall asleep.

I still have that tooth in my mouth that needs to be pulled but then how will I drive if I do that and have to go to the meth clinic everyday.

I think that this is just too much. I'm still fighting but a little tired

thank you
    lisa
  2. poets

poets Member

I'm sending out a prayer for you tonight. I'm so sorry to see you feeling so badly.

I'll be so glad for you when this ordeal has passed. I hope you can take a small bit of comfort knowing that we care.

Love,
    Meg
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

I am praying for you, that you will safely detox and find a safe way to the clinic and back.

The part that really worries me is when you say you have to drive yourself to the Clinic Fri-Sun....There have been a couple cases where I live of people driving home from the methadone clinic, having a car accident, and killing someone. They were charged with driving under the influence...and when someone gets hurt that usually means prison.

I understand that your husband is working, but please, explore every possibility for transportation. Think of it this way....you wouldn't get drunk and then get in the car and drive there, so in the eyes of the law, this is no different. You can avoid an unthinkable tragedy.

I am only mentioning this because I care. I will pray for you.
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Lisa,
    You should never just stop taking methadone. If it's affecting your breathing then you should ween off very s-l-o-w-l-y. Anyone on methadone should be well monitored. I assume your doc gave you this and he or someone experienced in this drug should be able to help you wean off and substitute another drug.

If your not getting the help you need at your doctor's office You need a different doc. No one taking methadone should be left to flounder. I will certainly pray that you get the help you need! I'm so sorry your having such a rough time.

kbak