please pray that I would have more faith

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, Mar 7, 2009.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

please pray that I could have a closer walk with the Lord

I would like to be the Christian I use to be, I really don't think that will ever happen,
    but would be happy if I just had a better prayer life and relationship.
    I hardley ever pray anymore

a lot has happened over the last few years and I have strayed so far away from my walk.
    I never thought that would happen.

thank you
    Lisa
  2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Do you have a Bible? If you want to be an active Christian again, and I say active, because I believe you are still a Christian. You still believe. You want prayer. You want a relationship wit God. Pick up a Bible, and read some scripture, and I think that if you started in Psalms, you would enjoy very much the prayers and praise there from David. Then, try and say something to God, in your way right now. He wants you back so much. He loves you so much. He knows you very well, and he knows that you want to come back to him. A small prayer at first. I think you will not only remember how to pray, but you will feel of his love and acceptance so much, that you just may not want to stop. Remember what he and his son did for you. You don't want this to be in vain do you? For nothing? The Atonement, what a blessing this is, just waiting for you to partake of it. It's been said, once the prayers stop, it becomes easier and easier to "think" that God doesn't think you are worthy to be a part of this again. That is satans way. Not Gods. God loves you. I will be praying for you to feel of his love. To feel of his tugging away at your heart and soul. He will win you over, no matter what satan may have you think. Prayers........
    Love, Cynthia
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I will be praying for you too. I know that the Lord has never stopped loving you, and longing to be close to you! He is faithful, and has the kind of heart that the best mother and father has. He wants to give his love to you. Don't worry about the past - just come now - and as Cynthia has so beautifully written, open your heart to him. His love won't fail you.
  4. jole

jole Member

I was right where you are a year ago. I wanted it so badly, but I think there was so much going on in my life....pain, depression, fatigue, etc. that I simply couldn't get there. That hasn't changed, but I decided I HAD TO.

One day I picked up my Bible, went to Acts, and really, really concentrated on each and every word....let it slowly sink in...and felt God's love and the Spirit's direction. Suddenly it all made sense to me...His love, the suffering and teachings of Jesus, and the Spirit working his wonders.

I was just wanting too much, too fast....had read the Bible before, but didn't really ponder on the words. This time it was soooo different. The love of the words finally reached me!

It will happen for you. Sometimes we just aren't as open to it as we think. I prayed for a long time for the understanding and love before it came. Keep trying, and don't give up. Everyone deserves to feel His love, and you will! Even the desire of it is faith. Love ya***Jole***
  5. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Lisa,
    Set aside some prayer time. Start small and work up. I'm not one that has found prayer time easy, but staying with it I found it's the key to having that closer relationship with God. Start with 5 min. a day. We all can do that.

No matter what has happened to your walk with God, He's always there waiting for you! The door is never closed. There is no one else who unconditionally loves us or always forgives us.

Praying for your struggle,
    kbak