Please pray

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by tlayne, Jul 6, 2006.

1. tlayne

tlayne Member

Things at home are not good. I am planning on separateing from my husband. I can not deal with the alcoholism and the abuse that comes with it any longer. Unless God does a miracle in my marriage, I am done. Love, Tam
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I tend to want to say I am sorry, but perhaps the separation would be for the best. You know, and I ask that God guide you in your troubles and show you the path that is best for you dear.
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I am sorry you are going through such a rough period.
    I hope that you will soon find a place of protection and peace.
    You will be in my prayers tonight.

Kholmes
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

That you are having to go through that. I hope you have a place to live. I'm sorry things have come to this.

Sometimes people realizing they are losing a loved one will try to change for the better though, so don't give up totally yet. Your husband could seek help and get off the alcohol.

Hugs and prayers,
    Faye
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Praying for you,Linda
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Sweet girl....I am so sorry that you are going thru this. I ask God to help you make the right decision for you. It has to be so difficult. We will trust as we pray that it all works out for the best.

With love....Mari
  7. tlayne

tlayne Member

You guys are my safe place, where I come to pray with you, laugh with you, and cry with you. I do not know how I would have ever survived this last few months without all of you. Thank you for being my safe place.

I do not like to complain, but if you don't mind, I feel the need to reach out. I keep trying to forgive my husband, but lately I am feeling hate in my heart, and I really need your prayers and advice.

My husband's father died last Friday night. We went out of town to see him not knowing that his passing would be within hours. We went to the hospital and spent some time with Murray, and then went back to his parent's house. Everyone was drinking and getting drunk, and I felt a deep need to be with Murray, so I went back to the hospital and spent the night while everyone else stayed behind and continued to drink.

To make a long story short...I got about 2 or 3 hours of interupted sleep within a 30 hour period. I am so thankful that I was able to spend this time with Murray. He was a dear and devoted man of God. When he would say the family prayer at dinners I would cry because his prayers were said with such love and devotion.

Sorry, I got off track. Anyway, my husband's mom saw how tired I was and said I should go back to the house and get some sleep. I was really too tired to drive, I asked my husband if he could drive me to the store to get a change of clothes and take me to his parent's house. He was complaining that he did not want to go shopping. His sister said, "Bob your wife stayed up all night with your dad, you need to take care of her." He was making comments like.. Can we go to Maverick and maybe buy a t-shirt. I finally just said I would go alone. I left crying and praying asking God why my husband has to be so selfish. Within ten minutes of my leaving, Murray passed away.

Two days later on the 4th of July, I went to the hospital with terrible jaw pain (my mom took me). The next day, Bob came home from work drunk. He didn't say hi or how do you feel or anything to me. He just filled his plate with food and went out on the patio to eat. When he did come in he started making comments like, if you stubb your toe do you need to go get a CAT scan. It went on and on with a lot of name calling, yelling and screaming. It was awful and worse then it has ever been.

Of course the next day, he was sorry as usual. Meanwhile I am left with the memory and hard feelings to deal with. When I am well and can do EVERYTHING, we get along, even when he is drinking. But when I am sick he treats me like this. This has been going on for years, and I am now to the point where I am done. Please continue to pray for us because I want to be pleaseing to God, but my heart has had a lot of bitterness towards my husband and even reached the point of hate.

I am sorry for complaining. Love, Tam
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I was reading your last post and it made me think how I would love to have you for my daughter...or sister. May God strengthen you through this.

Tam...you do think that your husband still loves you...right? If so, maybe you all could get some counseling. It seems to me that he is being selfish and maybe he can't see it. I have family like that... so that is why I can pick up on it right away.

I think that he would be very foolish to lose you.

I am praying sweetie.

Love.....Mari
  9. tlayne

tlayne Member

Please read my praise report! I love you guys! mama, I would love to be your daughter, but you would have only been 11 yrs old. You are already my sister! I will post more in a few days to each one of you! I love you, and I am praying for all! Love, Tam