please pray

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by sixtyslady, May 8, 2007.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

Please pray for my Grandson Machael,he goes to court at 1;00 today, he is so depressed and scared.
    hes been trying so hard to overcome all of this and get his life on track.
    he was arrested for drinking underage.
    theres also a older girl that won"t stay out of his life.shes really bad news,and tells him life is no good so he should just party and have fun with her.
    he had a job and was doing better then the temp employment agency said is 9weeks was up and wanted him to take another job in a different town, he had no way to get to this job, so he felt like there was no use to even try .
    He feels the whole world is against him ,I just pray that he can hang on and find strenght through God .
    thanks sixtyslady
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

for taking the time to reply to my post and say a pray for us,
    it,s not looking good Satan is trying very hard to bring Michael down, but I will stand on the word and not give up.
    blessings sixtyslady
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

Michael is sitting in jail right now.Thats what the court gave him for drinking as a minor.he should be back out next week.
    I told him after court that there has been many prayers offered up for him and he said Gram,s your prayers are working I thought I was going to get 30 days in jail and I got 4.
    he wants to come and stay in our motor home and get a job he gets his license back May 28th,but heres the catch this older girl, will not leave him alone,I"m sure shes the one who got him on pot.
    and she knows if he comes here to our town she will have no contact with him,
    because Michael knows I will not tolerate,drinking and drugs on my property, she also knows if he gets a job and his license back he has a car sitting here at our house.that she will have no hold over him.she has done this to at least 2 different boys before Michael.she doesn"t want them to have any support except her, she.s 5 yrs older than most of these kids.
    this small town they live in is over run with drugs.
    the old jr high school was sold to some guy who lets the town kids party there, drugs booze and whatever, they stay there all week-end,the local cops won"t do anything about it. one of the cops finally got arrested for buying young girls booze for favors,this town is the devils workshop.
    I have to get Michael out of this town. please pray that God will show me how I can help.
    the local funeral director was in trouble for pushing drugs.I pray that the law will go in there and clean this up,its far more than what one person can do. thanks again
    sixtyslady
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

thanks so much for your reply.I was so depressed yesterday that I could"t even write.
    this girl started to hang after Michael when he was 16,
    I don"t know why my daughter didn"t do something about it then,she overheard her on the phone,at one point telling Michael to come to the park she had just scored some drugs and he told her no.
    My daughter did talk to Michael about it and he said she was just some older dumb girl that bother all the young boys.
    she finally moved out of town and got some young kid to go with her,but he left after a few months and now she just moved back to there small town ,so she found out Michael at that time and she started to pester him again, now this gal is very pushes and she really doesn"t care what parents say to her, but I will have her arrested if she comes on our property,
    I know when your young its hard to stand up to people but Michael is going to have to stand up to her.
    It took me along time to learn how to say no to people,because I"m a people pleaser but I guess you learn you don"t owe other people your life.Michael wants to get away and go back to school he told me he would like to be a history teacher.
    my goal his to get Michael to know the Lord,he,s started to realize that prayer does help.and teach him he has to be responsible on his own . I look back when I was 19 and I didn"t have a clue we all make mistakes, its if we learn from them that counts.I"ve told Michael its easier to stay out of trouble,than to get out of trouble and I think him going to jail made him realize that.
    He will not have a free ride here, hes got 2 weeks to find a job and he will look everyday grant you I will have to drive him around to look for employment but thats O.K
    I just want to thank you again, your post encourged me to press on with this .blessings sixtyslady
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

thanks again for suggestion,I took Michael to look for work yesterday,
    and we"re going back out today,our town isn"t real large either ,but once he gets his license back the 28th of May
    he"ll have a larger range of towns to look for work.
    Michael is trying very hard,he has alot to overcome especislly the urge to drink.
    I looked up on-line ways to help him,there was a list of foods to help overcome drinking,one was grapes. apples,dates. and to give him a multi vitamin.
    I know hes having withdrawals,because he gets real anxious, and I told him that I knew what hes going through.because when I was very young I got hooked on diet pills which my Dr gave me, and it took me along time to get over it.
    so we go for walks and listen to music and try to help him keep busy.
    and we Pray,I just prayed with a minister that we belong to
    and they call us from time to time and ask if we have any pray needs.the lady prayed with me over the phone and ask God to make the booze to taste bitter,and deliver Michael from this.I can"t give up when I see the pain in this boys eyes,and the tears roll down his face.
    Praise God for this board to help me along so I can stay strong to help Michael. blessings sixtyslady