Please read, a weird symptom..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cinlou, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Hello,
    I have a strange symptom.....when I am running a fever (slight 99.9)I have that flu like feeling, burning pain in neck shoulders, achy all over feeling I notice that I always get sore ear canals. Each time I get little blisters or pimple type sores in them...has anyone had this happen? (deep in the ear)

Just wondering, I think I will mention it to doctor next visit.
    Cindy
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

bumping
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

bumping for cinlou :)
  4. bkayisme

bkayisme New Member

cinlou does it seem like it itch way in therei had little balls rolling around like 30 and little sticks poking out making holes weird stuff for a while go to the doc it sounds like a fungus infectin i just got over one i actually had one tak e over my body it started in my ear they said it was like swimmers ear and it would clear up on its own then boom it got BAD this is what my doc did for meone tablet of fluconazole 150mg and some ear drop for fungus cant rememberthen this sample of lotioncutivate put a dab on pinky and rub in ear helps dry out and stop itch and i was so bad off cause the other doc at first ignored me my family doc followed up with ketoconazole 200mg one tab a day for 15 days still taking it i feel better can you imagine though a yeast infection starting in your ear then taking over your body.the little balls and sticks were cysts they cleared up as well. worth a shot to ask the doc. good luck
  5. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Well thanks for the replies....It does kind of get crusty, and itch....it only happens when I run that weird fever of 99.9 and feel worse then I usually do....this happens at least once a month.

A yeast infection! Wow I did not think of that...could be...it goes away on its own...it is just weird...

I thought maybe it is a symptom of FM or CFS...
    Thanks,
    Cindy
  6. Abbycat

Abbycat New Member

I have the queer ear things. It turned out to be rosacea. A skin condition that needs to be treated with antibiotics. At least at first. Then you need to follow a skin care program to keep the flares from happening.

Go to a dermatologist. It's a pain to follow the regimen, but worth it to save your skin from being permanently red. I sounds like you've caught it early and that is a good thing.

Abbycat