Please Read- Front Page News About FM,CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bluemoon1monday, Apr 1, 2007.

1. bluemoon1monday

bluemoon1monday New Member

This is the 2nd day our local paper has headline news in regards to FM,CFS and today Lupus. Great coverage for us.
    Please read.

Take Care
    Bluemoon
    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2007]
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

to read this? I would love to read it, copy it and send it in to our newspapers along with a letter of my own. So happy to hear that it got some coverage.
  3. bluemoon1monday

in my excitement I failed to mention where to read. You can go online Lakeland Ledger dot com. This is the second day of headlines news with pictures!

This is the kind of news coverage we all need in our local papers. It is not slanted against us but actually explains how we feel and how we are treated by doctors, family and others. Good articles.

Take Care
    Bluemoon
  4. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I e-mailed it to myself and will be forwarding it to newspapers and family.

Thank you.
  5. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Thank you!
  6. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Thank you for posting this Bluemoon!!! I can't read it right now as I am feeling really bad and the articles were long. I WILL read the articles later though. It looked like there were at least two that I saw about FM and CFS.

If these articles are good articles I will write to them and thank them for publishing this in their paper. I think everyone else should do the same if they like the articles.

It is always so important to let people know that there are people out there who care about information on FM and CFS.

Thanks Again!
    Pam
  7. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Bluemoon1monday,
    thanks for letting us know:)

I was just asked by a local news paper if they could interview me for my story. I have CFS, FM, MCS and ANS dysfunction. I will post when they run the story.

Great articles. I think the best coverage I've seen on FM & CFS.

thanks again,
    Monkeykat
    [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2007]
  8. bluemoon1monday

Aren't the articles great?! It actually talks about us as if we really have something terribly wrong with us and we are not lazy no-good drug seeking bums.

Take Care
    Bluemoon
  9. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

I live in Lakeland and was surprised to see 2 days of this. Makes me want to try that Dr in Winter Haven.
  10. jmq

jmq New Member

What perfect timing! I just e-mailed it to all of my family and friends.

Thank you for sharing it! I would love to see it in every newspaper across the country!

jmq
  11. findmind

findmind New Member

Thank you ever so much for posting this article! It really does explain thoroughly the disdain and disbelief we have suffered at the hands of the "gods of medicine"!

Yes, I surely will write and thank the paper for their honest attention to our plight. One of the best I've seeen in 20 years.

Gratefully,
    findmind
  12. ETN

ETN New Member

articles...and I read every one of them....

yahoo for all of us!

I think that's great..

thanks for letting us know!
  13. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

is there any why that i can go back to the sunday issue and copy or send to my email box. i have the second article. would really like to have the first. thanks....SueF
  14. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Thanks for sharing. Quite an extensive article! It was great reading their coverage. It made me tear up a bit as it points out just how frustrating having fibro can be as far as people being understanding about it. I really don't talk about it much to anyone. Sadly, I think that in part, it has to do with thinking no one will believe me. And also, I just don't like to bother people with my problems. Again, thanks for passing the info. on. Have a great night! Kim :)
  15. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

Thanks for directing us to these articles, BlueMoon.

I just sent a note to the article author, Gary White:

"Dear Mr. White,

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know how much I enjoy & admire your articles in the Lakeland Ledger about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Lupus, Gulf War Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, etc.

You've obviously done careful research and given thoughtful attention to this subject, and your articles are among the best I've seen anywhere.

As someone who's struggled with living with CFS for 5 years, it's so encouraging to see an articulate talented writer publishing an accurate picture of this illness.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
    ..... "
  16. bluemoon1monday

First of all thank all of you so much for your responses. Roseblossom a special thank you for the letter to the gentleman who wrote articles. Perhaps, more will do the same.

Now to read the articles written on Sunday, April 1st
    Go to Ledger.com
    Upper right corner click on site map
    Then located under Local & State News you will see
    Recent Local Articles - click on this
    There you will see articles dated for Sunday, April 1st
    They are:
    "Gray area" diseases prove difficult to treat, understand
    Doctors differ in approaches used in treating malady
    Nurse claims success against disease with unorthodox approach

I encourage everyone to read these positive articles.

May your days be painfree and joyful
    Bluemoon
  17. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I wrote him a note to think him for the article, and lo and behold he wrote me back-- what a guy! Thanks again bluemoon to alerting us to this. Also, does the CFIDS association have this one on their media alert list?
    Here's the note from Gary White, the author:

Ms.
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you appreciated the articles. I've been
    overwhelmed by the response -- dozens of calls and e-mails. Clearly this is
    a subject that touches many people.

Best wishes,
    Gary

Gary White
    Feature writer
    The Ledger
    Lakeland, Florida
    863-802-7518
  18. bluemoon1monday

Thank you, I missed you somehow. Isn't Mr.White the greatest?

I hope others will read these and get the uplifting and positiveness that I did.

Bluemoon
  19. kel589

kel589 New Member

I just called and left a message of how greatful I was for the story he did .I hope every one will leave apositive e-mail or call and leave a message.thank you so much this has made my week brighter. I just cant so enough.kel589 from kentucky.
  20. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

bump - to read