PLEASE READ I AM LOSING IT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sssupermom, Feb 24, 2003.

1. sssupermom

sssupermom New Member

I have no clue what is going on with me, going crazy I think, can't think clearly, constantly crying, feel dizzy and spacey. This is new for me, I am college student and I can't even concentrate on writing this it is taking a lot of me to even write this. anyone else experience this will this be like this forever? or just a passing symptom. I feel like I am losing my mind.!!!!!
  2. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

It sounds like you are in a flare.. The symptoms you mentioned are very similar to ones I sometimes have when I'm in a flare.

I know others on this board has the same symptoms daily as you are having, so NO you are NOT crazy.

Have you talked with your doctor? Some meds can help with the dizzness. Of course it could always be something besides FM so please check with your doctor.

Let your professor know you are have trouble and see if he/she can give you more time. All you have to let them know is that your doctor is working on figuring out what your symptoms mean.

Please don't give up, we are here for you. You are not alone.

Laura
  3. sssupermom

sssupermom New Member

I was just coming out of a really nasty flare up a few days ago I was really sick pain. Yesterday I felt better and today is all about my mind going...don't know what is worse having pain in your body or losing the mind.
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Sounds like definitely FM! I had this really bad a few days ago and thought I was going to go crazy and they would haul me away and then I remembered it was part of FM. I just hadn't had it in so long that I forgot what it was. In any case, it does pass, just hang in there and ride it out!

P.S. forgot to mention that the crying is probably hormone fluctuations. If you're 30+, you've got 'em and you'll cry at the drop of a hat. These pass too, but can be embarrassing if it happens in front of others.

Marilyn :)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2003]
  5. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

You did not mention if you had already been dx with fibo or CFS. If you have it is probably a flare but you need to talk to your doc anyway. If you have not you need to see a doc and probably get a physical. It could be lots of things. Sence you are in college you could be under alot of stress. Our bodies do not react well to stress whether we have a cronic illness or not. The bottom line though is you need a medical opinion.
  6. sssupermom

sssupermom New Member

I just been dx with FM but the md was so sloopy, no blood test, I don't even have all the tender points just the one below the neck. Sometimes I feel this disease is an excuse for md not to do their jobs. I am overwhelmed but I don't know why that I guess is another symptom.
  7. layinglow

layinglow New Member

According to ACR (American College of Rheumatology) criteria, a person is considered to have fibromyalgia if he or she has widespread pain in combination with tenderness in at least 11 of 18 specific tender point sites.
    Fibro is also diagnosed by exclusion, many tests are run, to rule out other diseases/disorders.
    Please, I think it is imperative that you see another physician. I agree with you, this MD has not done his job.
    Best wishes, LL
  8. sssupermom

sssupermom New Member

I too feel I should not be driving because like you said i can't even remember how turn on the radio. Yes it is crazy how MD's just guess what you have and that is it. I am from IL seen so many MD's and most of them told me that all my blood wk is normal...well the speckled ana and a few other things but that is all...they say is stress...I have not stress. and I am not taking any meds