Please Read ( I feel like I'm going to pass out update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mamalovinit, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

I toke my Darvocet first thing this morn. But I toke it with my Emer'gen-C drink pack, a vitamin pack you put in water. 1000 mg vit. C ect.
    All at once I started getting real dizzy and sick to my stomach. I feel like I am going to pass out.

Could it be the combo of the two together.

Ihave my head laying against the wall just to type this.

My husband is on his way home. I can not pass out it would scare my kids.

If that's what it is, do you know of away to counteract the effects?

My hands are shaking too.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/30/2005]
  2. lolee

lolee New Member

eat some protein! something fatty (don't have a stroke all you healthy people out there! LOL!)

Some p-nut butter on toast, some chicken a hamburger patty. Treat it like you've been drinking . . . . darvocets raise my blood pressure, ended up in ER, can't take em.
  3. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Absolutely - it could most definitely be a reaction to taking the meds together w/ energy drink, etc. I have a tendency to black out, but what you describe is exactly what happened to me when I took my Ultracet with a protein drink and some of my other vitamins. I was so shaky, upset stomach, hot, light headed - then I got tunnel vision and was out light a light for a few seconds. Afterwards I still felt terrible for a few hours.

I hope you feel better soon!!
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

How are you feeling now? Did your husband arrive home to help you in time?

Please let us know how you are doing!

Hugs,
    Janet
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Hope you are feeling better. I did something similar today. Stormyskye is right. Our bodies need for us to take things slowly. Get a cold compress if possible & lay flat.
  6. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

Yes my husband came home and fixed me something to eat. I had to lay down because I was so dizzy. Everything was gray and fuzzy. Thats as Close as I have came to passing out with out actually going out.

After eating and resting a bit I felt better. We even got to keep our date. I rested all the way to the mall, 45 min. away. I had a few dizzy spells but not to bad. My head is clear again.

I don't know why that combo would do that but I won't do it again. I told DH I was trying to make myself good for our date.lol I toke the pain med. and then figured I could use the energy too. I acutely used the energy drink to take my pain med. Not smart.

The food with the protein did help, thanks.
    M
  7. -Jimbo-

-Jimbo- New Member

Have you been to a chiropractor? My neck does that to me sometimes.