PLEASE READ I NEED SOME COMFORT!

Discussion in 'Comfort, Grief and Advice' started by Fibrolady37, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi my nan died 5 years ago on 11th November 2004 i still cant believe she has gone & isnt coming back.
    I have been advised to go for bereavement counselling if it helps i will go.
    May god bless you & yours.
    Fibrolady37
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I don't know if this will help, but let me provide you with some help. I am very sorry for the loss of your nan and hope what you find here may provide some comfort. There are some good articles here on this board that you might want to read and would probably be of help. There is also a good one from Dr. Phil and another one on "Complicated Grief" that are worth reading.

Bereavement counseling is an excellent idea and may challenge you to change your thinking and behavior so that you are not suffering any more. Your nan certainly does not want you suffering for her, nor does she want you with her. The idea is for your life to return to some sense of normalcy. You will never forget, but you will be able to live better. Please give the Bereavement counseling at least 6 months as that is a fair amount of time to truly help you.

There are also some local bereavement/grief support groups that you might want to try, if you have not already. Good luck and hugs.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/06/2009]