please read MESSAGEBOARD RULES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ellikers, Jun 11, 2006.

1. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I feel that we need a reminder of the rules of this message board. Here are a few I find important right now:

"Please Note: This site serves the community in order to bring together people who have a health condition or are a caregiver. The purpose of these chat rooms and message boards are for exchanging ideas, and to offer comforting support to peers. [...] keep any personal information private. Do not given out any personal or financial information. This is a fully moderated facility subject to penalties for violation of these rules.

[...] To protect yourself, and the community, posting email addresses or instant messenger information on the message boards is not allowed. Do not post any other personal contact information such as phone number, address, etc

[...] No arguing with anyone. Do not openly debate another person or the rules. If you find that a moderator is dealing with you in a matter that is unfair or contrary to these rules, send an email to: techsupport@prohealth.com

[..] Please note Pro Health does not advocate any information in the chat rooms or message boards to be a reliable source of information. These are tools for community and support. If you plan on trying any treatment please communicate this with a physician or licensed counselor.

[...] The chat rooms & message boards rules have been designed in an effort make these chat rooms & message boards a safe and comfortable environment to its users. If you find that you will not be able to hold to the above rules, do not use these chat rooms & message boards."
  2. ellikers

ellikers New Member

And please help keep this bumped to the top of the list of posts!!

Thanks everyone! Hopefully this situation will be resolved soon. :)
  3. marilynb

marilynb New Member

We appreciate you.

Marilyn
  4. ellikers

ellikers New Member

THANK YOU! I felt like this was needed.
  5. marilynb

marilynb New Member

BUMP BUMP
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had someone bashing someone on our sight from another board from prohealth...we just didn't need to have this drama on our sight...

i hit the alert button and i remember what fight said she was going to do...

jodie
  7. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Have y'all ever noticed that when someone posts his or her e-address, it's usually over the weekend when no one is at Tech Support?

Love, Mikie
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

Not this again!!!

Every time you turn around now, this is being said!!!

What is the "situation" now?????

Have I missed something?????

Will be all ever be able to communicate in peace, as friends?????
  10. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Okay, I'm new here but honestly think I went on this chat a few months back. I then came back and saw that the chatroom was gone. I'm so happy to be here but agree that the chat would be great! So, what happened to it? Did too many people abuse it?
    Just wonderin, Julie
  11. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

12. ellikers

ellikers New Member

The issue seems to have been resolved- thank you moderators!! I was starting to get pretty frustrated.

To answer your question earthdog, the chat board is still here. If you are having trouble finding it, it's located right above the the window for this message board- look for the purple band- the link says "chat" and it's on the left-most side of the purple band.

Hope that helps.
  13. ellikers

ellikers New Member

bumping so earthdog can read it
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many other boards allow members to post their e-addresses. They come here and don't read the rules and post their e-addresses. I am always suspicious when someone is brand new, claims to have knowledge about treatments which cure or help our illnesses, and then posts an e-address, especially over the weekends. It may be perfectly innocent but it could also be someone trolling websites looking for people to contact him.

The person who posted his e-address is gone. If y'all see this, just click on the little alert triangle at the lower left-hand area of the post. It will generate e-mails to the moderators so they can address the issue.

Love, Mikie
  15. WendyC

WendyC New Member

I used to belong here years ago (2-3?) but stopped partially because of such problems. I am glad that you and everyone else is doing their best to make this a pleasant and welcoming place.

wendyc